Main Menu

One Week Build 2022 - Vote

Started by NARSES2, May 19, 2022, 05:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here we go then (in strict order of appearance as per the completed entries thread), choose wisely playmates (two votes each, poll closes in 7 days)!

AeroplaneDriver's US Navy Blackburn/Vought A-7C Buccaneer AGM-84 Harpoon Test Aircraft (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50501.msg960441#msg960441)
25 (73.5%)
Dizzyfugu's Supermarine Spitfire LF.16e 'Dooleybird' (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50501.msg960721#msg960721)
4 (11.8%)
sandiego89's 'Have Candle' MiG-19 (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50501.msg961037#msg961037)
3 (8.8%)
PR19_Kit's Irish Air Corps SAAB JAS 39 Gripen (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50501.msg961040#msg961040)
5 (14.7%)
Captain Canada's USMC Hughes H-4B Hercules (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50501.msg961061#msg961061)
17 (50%)
Nick's Lebanese Air Force Gnat (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50501.msg961141#msg961141)
5 (14.7%)
Ed S's Czech Air Force F-100 Super Sabre (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50501.msg961146#msg961146)
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 28, 2022, 02:29:32 AM

NARSES2

This will be the place for the 2022 One Week Build vote

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

The vote is now open!

2 votes each, polling closes in seven days.

Vote wisely!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Would have preferred 3 votes but you live with what yer got. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 21, 2022, 03:02:51 AM
Would have preferred 3 votes but you live with what yer got. :thumbsup:

Fair comment.  Prior to setting up the vote I took a look at the last four 1-Weekers to compare number entries and number of votes to ensure the 2022 vote arrangement was in keeping with previous 1-Weekers.  Last year we had ten entries/3 votes; 2020 it was 16/2, 2019 14/2, 2018 24/3 and 2017 18/3.  So I think the entry/vote ratio has been reasonably consistent over the years.

Interestingly the 2016 1-weeker had 8 entries and only one vote per forumite.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

One week, one vote would have been my preference.

We get spoilt by being allowed to avoid making hard decisions.

I knew my own personal winner as soon as I saw it's finished pics.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Perhaps it depends on the mood of the moderator at the time.

Or how much they've been bribed influenced..............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

As usual the choices were nearly impossible!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

My first vote was dead easy. Then I would have liked six or seven more..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

sandiego89

2 votes was about perfect, and I didn't even vote for myself! ....this time  ;)   shhh did I say that out loud???   ;D

Well done everyone! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kitbasher

If you plan on voting but haven't yet ticked the boxes, there's just over 24 hours before the poll closes.  Vote wisely!

kitbasher

That's it, everyone, and we have a winner.

But first thanks to everyone for their support of the GB - participants, voters and all who commented on the builds.

Big hand to those who were brave enough to commit to plastic, knives, filler, glue and paint.  A shame some had to bail out but hopefully we'll seee your creations reach completion soon.

Big, big hand of course to those who dug deep and completed their entries by the deadline - well done all, it's not easy to produce such good models in such a short time.

And of course thank you to the voters, without whom we wouldn't have a winner, who is.....

.....AeroplaneDriver and his magnificent US Navy A-7C Buccaneer, a clear winner.  Well done Captain Canada for his silver medal-winning USMC Spruse Goose.

And so to the next GB.....

Old Wombat

Congratulations to the two place-getters! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To Ed S; if I'd had a third vote, it was yours, mate! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Well done AD.

Well done everybody, you've all done very well.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

I would've made it if it was a two week GB, finished mine last night... :rolleyes:
Congrats to all who participated and finished in time. Great work from all of you! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on June 27, 2022, 02:47:34 AM

.....AeroplaneDriver and his magnificent US Navy A-7C Buccaneer, a clear winner. 

Indeed so, a winner from the moment it appeared in the Finished Builds listing, and the FIRST entry there too! Well done AD.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit