Operational Pancake.

Started by PR19_Kit, May 20, 2022, 09:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Yes, they're totally stupid prices on-line, which was why I snapped mine up at the Scottish Nats.

He wanted £12.00 for it, and I asked him if he'd got the decimal point in the wrong place at first.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Still got one left in the stash, I'll have to cosset it  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

The two seat XF5U-1 looks stunning! IIRC, the VSTOL and low speed advantages of the Flying Pancake was aided by the air flow produced by the props. A turbine would help with the power, but you would still want props.

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 23, 2022, 01:46:10 AM
Yes, they're totally stupid prices on-line, which was why I snapped mine up at the Scottish Nats.

He wanted £12.00 for it, and I asked him if he'd got the decimal point in the wrong place at first.  :o

Wow, I had no idea it was so sought after. I paid 9,22 euros for mine not so long ago.   :rolleyes:
I am wondering if to keep it to build, or to sell and become rich.  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

AeroplaneDriver

Kitty Hawk kits are a better investment than Bitcoin these days.   ;D :wacko:

Glad mine is carefully stashed away in the safe. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Got the same sort of issues with armour models aswell..saw this dinosaur aged Dargon 35th BRDM russian recon vehicle kit today with a price tag of $69.00NZ  :o
That decimal point was not in the wrong place either..its from the early nineties for swear words sake and its not even any good..whats the world come to guys ???
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

frank2056

I think some people are using "Covid", "Supply Chain issues", "Inflation" and "fuel prices" as excuses to drive up the cost of kits, even 30 year old ones.

PR19_Kit

I'm sure they are!

And you can add 'The Ukraine War' to that list as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

All those reasons guy and probably more to boot..in Auckland yesterday i saw $3.21 per ltr for 91 gogo juice ..pretty sure its any reason will work for a price increase these days.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 25, 2022, 12:51:16 PM
All those reasons guy and probably more to boot..in Auckland yesterday i saw $3.21 per ltr for 91 gogo juice ..pretty sure its any reason will work for a price increase these days.

Ouch.  I thought we had it bad at just over $2.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Oh you lucky buggers Fred..we havent seen 2 dollar fuel here in in what seems yrs now ..here the fuel companys will use any excuse to increase its price..hell if a penguin butt burps in the south pole thats a good enough reason here.

nighthunter

It's almost $5/gal ($4.999) here in Western Washington State
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: nighthunter on May 26, 2022, 07:35:06 PM

Which is what?  $1.30ish/liter?  Here in NC it's about $4.40/gal.  Massive jump and it sucks but we are still lucky to have some of the cheapest fuel in the developed world

Old Wombat

Quote from: nighthunter on May 26, 2022, 07:35:06 PM

So, as 1 US gallon = 3.79L, $5/USgal = $1.32/L ............... I wish! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

But anyhoo...back to this Pancake thingy...it only seems fitting a Pancake is covered in something maple, right?   Syrup is good but I bet Maple Leaves would be good too!   ;)