The LHC Group Build - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, May 24, 2022, 07:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 29, 2022, 04:53:58 AM
Hmmm, I've thought of building the current Airfix 1/72 F6 OOB.

That'd be the one that has the tailplanes missing on the box art...............  ;)

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: perttime on May 30, 2022, 11:32:20 AM
A scaleorama Canberra could be pretty close to Gloster Meteor in size.

I am toying with the idea of scaleoramaing a 1/144 Canberra into 1/72.  I'd use 1/72 engines which would make it sufficiently cartoon like.
An Egg Canberra would be nice but i am not aware of anyone making one.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 02, 2022, 05:37:50 AM

An Egg Canberra would be nice but i am not aware of anyone making one.

You could...........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The wings are cast for my BAC answer to the P.1121. May cast another set for the planned Delta wing Lightning.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Zero-Sen on May 30, 2022, 09:59:16 AM

That looks cool, melikes (and reminds me of a Su-15 conversion project on the long list  :rolleyes:). Landing gear could be interesting.

The Wooksta!

On mine, they retract into the fuselage, meaning a wet wing and more hard points for assorted lethality.  Although I want one with wingtip missiles, first prototype would have the F1 wing and fin, a second one* in possibly greys would have the F6 wing, although it had been flight tested before the Lightning F1 entered service!

Currently shuffling bits of P.1121 about.

*Now I'll have to locate a few more cheap Su-15 kits...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Tophe

The LHC letters reminded me something else but what?
I asked Google and the answer is:
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest and most powerful particle accelerator. It consists of a 27-kilometre ring of superconducting magnets with a number of accelerating structures to boost the energy of the particles along the way.
It is located in Switzerland about 100km (70 miles?) from my home, and my uncle worked in these CERN particle accelerators before retirement a few years ago, maybe this is him that talked about it in my family.
But no problem I think to invent another meaning, special for aircraft modellers. <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TomZ

I'm thinking of a swing wing Lightning. There were plans for this, I know.
But what about an operational  FAA version?
I have an Airfix Lightning and an old Revell F-14 lying around..........

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

The Wooksta!

There are a fair few models of operational VG Lightnings about in FAA colours.  The wing itself is basically a Lightning wing 10% larger.  Freightdog do it to go with the Airfix F2A/F6.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Two different Naval Lightnings were proposed with swing wings, both two seat's, one with a normal intake and the other with side intakes and a larger radar in the nose. Both had larger under fuselage tanks/fairings as well. I have both versions part started. Might be some time before I finnish them though.
I also did a straight interceptor previously

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

philp

Well, I have a Lightning idea and a Hunter one.  Will have to see if I get to work on either.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

zenrat

I'm building a Delta Lightning (which sounds like a blues song to me).
But do I mean Delta wings or Mekong Delta?
Or both?
Do I even know myself at this stage?

As far a Hunters are concerned I think an RAAF Revell FGA.9 paint and load out Whiff.
Fred

McColm

What percentage of the donor Lightning ,Canberra and Hunter is passable for this GB?
I've grafted the Lightning T.55 to the Mirage IVP before but didn't get around to finishing it. I have seen parts of the Airfix 1/72 TSR.2 and I have the Sword T.5.

PR19_Kit

That's a very good question...............

The rules say the model '....must be based on....', but it doesn't say how MUCH of the model should be an L, H, or C.

I'll consult with my fellow Mod and get back to you.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 04, 2022, 01:18:06 PM
The rules say the model '....must be based on....', but it doesn't say how MUCH of the model should be an L, H, or C.
See for instance the blue mix by ericr:
Heinkel 111 fuselage and internal wing, Camberra jets and external wings <_<
would that have been OK for this GB if made later in July instead of May-June? :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]