The LHC Group Build - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, May 24, 2022, 07:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: ericr on June 09, 2022, 09:59:39 AM

Something rather Fairey FD3 about this one.  Just needs a pointy radome for it to be a closer match.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: kitbasher on June 10, 2022, 07:38:14 AM
Quote from: ericr on June 09, 2022, 09:59:39 AM

Something rather Fairey FD3 about this one.  Just needs a pointy radome for it to be a closer match.

I knew it reminded me of something.  Spot on. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

I was thinking more F-111 but with a fixed wing?  Very tempted to have a go at that.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on June 10, 2022, 07:38:14 AM

And it's about the same size too!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Zero-Sen

Does a scifi Lightning complies with the GB rules?
( scale-o-rama : Lightning wings 1/100 + Cobra 1/72 )

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Wooksta!

Not part of the GB, but I've started cutting plastic on the BAC Flattening.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Zero-Sen on June 13, 2022, 12:38:56 PM

I'm pretty sure it does, you'd be using parts of a Lightning, no matter what the scale, and that's enough to comply.

Fred?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Quote from: perttime on June 08, 2022, 11:58:34 PM
A Lightning fuselage could make a pretty good land speed record vehicle.

Shhh.
I have been planning one of these since the old LSR build.  I have the older Airfix kit but need to chop the belly tank out and still trying to decide what kind of wheels to put in the nose gear area.  I have some spats for the rear ones and debating on whether to adjust the stabs to hold them or just some struts.

I was going to call it White Lightning but I want to do it in British Racing Green.  Also need some sponsor decals for it.

Might go with something similar to this but maybe with BP as the fuel sponsor.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2022, 02:46:14 PM
Quote from: Zero-Sen on June 13, 2022, 12:38:56 PM

I'm pretty sure it does, you'd be using parts of a Lightning, no matter what the scale, and that's enough to comply.

Fred?

Absolutely.  It has parts from a LH or C kit and so qualifies.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Caveman

Quote from: Zero-Sen on June 09, 2022, 01:31:28 PM
Old Hunter ideas...

shaded version of the Hunter + Mirage2000B variant ...

:wub:

May have to give this one a go!
secretprojects forum migrant

kitnut617

Something different --- mix & match bits between a Hunter and a Gripen. I did a comparison between them after reading about HS staff being loaned to SAAB which resulted in the Gripen. The two aircraft practically match one another for size ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

nighthunter

I have both Revell 1/144 & 1/72 Hunters as well as one or two 1/144 from Mark 1

As Hunters are my favorite UK fighter, I of course have plans for this GB, hoping to move them out of storage tomorrow
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 15, 2022, 08:37:59 AM
Something different --- mix & match bits between a Hunter and a Gripen. I did a comparison between them after reading about HS staff being loaned to SAAB which resulted in the Gripen. The two aircraft practically match one another for size ----

Something I would never have realised until you mentioned it. But then I've never built a Gripen and am fairly sure neither have I built a Hunter ? Mind you I will for this GB, or I'll build a Lightning or Canberra which I know that I've not built before. Moi ; Heretic ? Never  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.