The LHC Group Build - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, May 24, 2022, 07:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Matchbox definitely.  The trenchlike panel lines and the too fat nose give it away.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

AeroplaneDriver

LOVE the Hunter Space Fighter...really has my mental wheels turning.   :wub: :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

I've always had a running backstory in the deepest parts of my brain about an alien civilization "collecting" our used aircraft, converting them to space capable fighters and using them to fight off some "Ming the Merciless" type of bad guys. All we know at first is that old aircraft keep disappearing from boneyards around the world. Big plot holes but oh well, Hollywood can do worse!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on June 07, 2022, 09:21:08 AM

Big plot holes but oh well, Hollywood can do worse!

And have done, frequently!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kerick

Thanks! I've had it for so long I've considered scrapping it but I guess not! It needs cleaning and to be put back on the shelf.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

And I recognize missile launchers from a Dougram mecha kit on the wings!  :o

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on June 04, 2022, 04:42:47 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 04, 2022, 01:18:06 PM
The rules say the model '....must be based on....', but it doesn't say how MUCH of the model should be an L, H, or C.
See for instance the blue mix by ericr:
Heinkel 111 fuselage and internal wing, Camberra jets and external wings <_<
would that have been OK for this GB if made later in July instead of May-June? :unsure:

I have unfortunately no more Canberra on my stash, I just used the last one
but I can share past attempts, as others do, for inspiration and potential improvements
like for example these :

Tophe

:wub: :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbsup: Wonderful! And this is a great inspiration for other ones, thanks! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I specially like the yellow turbo-prop one.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Me too. Had a conceptually similar idea some time ago, but no Canberra in The Stash - I shy away from this project because of its eventual size, it has to end up somewhere...  :rolleyes:

McColm

The Wooksta!

Don't see why not, it's a base Canberra airframe and called a Canberra by the US.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

AeroplaneDriver

I forgot just how many Hunter Whifs I've done over the years.  Mostly just paint and markings but a couple with a drop-tank nose grafted on to made a radar-nose Hunter and most recently (a year ago for the OWGB) a full "Super Hunter" using Colin's radar nose and supersonic wing/tail/afterburner sets. 

Kits are all Revell 1/72 except for the Japanese and USAF SEA Camo ones, which are Academy 1/48. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....