The LHC Group Build - Rules

Started by NARSES2, May 24, 2022, 07:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

A bit early, but as noted I wanted to get this kicked off before I take a trip for a couple of weeks.

Here's the first draft of the rules for the Group Build

THE LIGHTNING, HUNTER AND CANBERRA GB RULES (LHC GB for short)

1.   The LHC GB runs from 00:01 Friday 1 July 2022 to 23:59 Friday 30 September 2022 (all times local).  An extension may or may not be considered/set up according to demand and or pecuniary overtures.

2 Physical models of any scale, profiles, and stories are eligible but they must be a whif based on one, two, or all three of the following aircraft (or aircraft developed from them);

•   The English Electric Lightning
•   The Hawker Hunter
•   The English Electric Canberra

Your whiff can be as simple (change of markings or camo scheme) or as complex (full on kit bashing) as you wish.  While it has to start out being based on (an) aircraft it doesn't have to finish up as one.  If in doubt as to what's in scope then contact the Mods.[/i]

3)  You may build, draw or write as many entries as you like (good luck!).  The posting of in-progress pictures is encouraged as always.  Back stories - however long or short - supporting physical models and profiles are always welcome.

4) "Preparation" work is allowed prior to the start of the GB - this includes the cutting out and cleaning up of parts, even designing and printing your own decals, but anything involving paint or glue is not allowed.

5) Eligibility of part-started models will be considered by the moderators. You should pm to explain what you have done (pictures re a great help if you can include them) and they will decide, their decision being final.

6) No rule 6 - is there ever a rule 6 ? It's one rule or another so from now on it's 6

7) Moderators are Zenrat and PR19 Kit. Thank you, gentlemen.

8.   The completed builds thread will be locked at the end of the GB and shortly afterwards the poll will be set up.  Number of votes each depends on the number of entries.  Keep your eyes out for updates!

9) As decided earlier in the year by the Membership the first three placed entries in the Group Build will automatically be nominated for a Whiffy in a new, specific Group Build Class.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Rules looks great to me Chris, glad you included "or derivatives of" to allow Martin built examples of the B-57 Canberra for example.

Can't imagine many folks asking for amendments to include other things, this GB seems pretty straightforward and plenty of material to work with (wait who am I kidding? This is WHIF! Ha ha.) 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

loupgarou

Any extra points for whoever manages to combine all 3 planes in a single whif?  :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Hobbes

For a minute I thought this was going to be people building models of the Large Hadron Collider.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on May 24, 2022, 11:47:08 AM

For a minute I thought this was going to be people building models of the Large Hadron Collider.

If you start off with a Lightning, Hunter or Canberra kit that would be perfectly allowable.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

I have had for a long time a wonderful Hunter idea, even, IIRC, posted the back story to Narses years ago.
Are existing back stories allowed? Plastic has not been touched, maybe not even bought.
At the moment, I am only thinking trains, but if I manage to find the mojo, I'd really like to do this GB.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: loupgarou on May 24, 2022, 11:29:16 AM
Any extra points for whoever manages to combine all 3 planes in a single whif?  :rolleyes:

It's possible - I have something in mind, but I'd need an Su-15 too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

The cheap 'n cheerful PM Flagons are back around again, it'll save you some wedge over the Trumpeter kits.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Got a pair as is, plus at a show next week, so should be able to snag another. 

Although on reflection, a cheap Javelin FAW9 may be a better fit.

On a completely unrelated note, are there any cheap 144th Su-7s or MiG 21s available? They may be ideal as engine nacelles.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

Eduard do a dual combo MiG-21 for around 15 or 16 quid.

Would the Tamiya 1/100 MiG-15 or MiG-19 work?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Have to check them against plans.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on May 28, 2022, 10:37:04 AM
I have had for a long time a wonderful Hunter idea, even, IIRC, posted the back story to Narses years ago.
Are existing back stories allowed? Plastic has not been touched, maybe not even bought.
At the moment, I am only thinking trains, but if I manage to find the mojo, I'd really like to do this GB.

I remember that  :thumbsup:

From my point of view if you are building a model based on an existing backstory, then as long as plastic has not been touched that's perfectly allowable. After all most of us will be formulating ideas well before the build starts. After all that is what that is what this thread is to a large part about  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on May 24, 2022, 08:25:00 AM
Rules looks great to me Chris, glad you included "or derivatives of" to allow Martin built examples of the B-57 Canberra for example.

Thank Zen and Kit. I just provide the typing finger.  ;)

Captain Canada

I've got a half started long wing Lightning in the stash. I'd better beg for inclusion be a perfect excuse to finish it ! Probably started it a decade ago...... :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Pellson

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 02, 2022, 10:12:59 AM
I've got a half started long wing Lightning in the stash. I'd better beg for inclusion be a perfect excuse to finish it ! Probably started it a decade ago...... :banghead:

I actually think I remember that..  :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!