I'm a published author!!!!

Started by TomZ, May 27, 2022, 12:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

A few months ago I wrote an article about my two Unicraft flying subs and sent it in to the Dutch IPMS magazine.
And, surprise, surprise, the published it in the latest issue  <_< <_<

Here are the posts on these two models on the forum:

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47889.msg887444#msg887444

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47932.msg889171#msg889171

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Rheged

Bravo, Tomz.    I am delighted to see your success!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

McColm

Dizzyfugu

Cool, congratulations!  :drink:

ericr

and what a topic !
flying submarine boats !

:thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Well done! I bet they jumped on it as how often do you get a nice article about flying submarines! :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

The article is looking awesome, but I really need to work on my Dutch.. :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

Cool.  I had one of my pieces of Blake's 7 fanfic published in an anthology a few years back.  More on topic, I did all the  design and pre-press production work on two of John Baxter's books.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

63cpe

Belated congrats Tom!

I saw the article in the IPMS Netherlands, but didn't realize it was yours.. :wub: was thinking, oh, this should be checked by Tom as both models are from Unicraft.

Anyway, a great piece of work. Easy to read, great in historical back ground and a source for pointers about Unicraft. Congratulations it was published as it is really something different than the usual stuff. I glad the editorial team had the guts to publish it.

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones