1:72 Hawker S 34B (modified Hunter Mk.50), Swedish Air Force, mid/late Sixties

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 02, 2022, 02:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

What kind of ink do you use Dizzy? Is it solvant based or anything else so I know what to buy for myself.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

I am using a very simple black drawing ink, also known as China Ink. Artist stuff I know and use from school time, and nothing specific for models. I just like the stuff, because it is easily and highly solluble with water and leaves even and very fine black pigments.
A friend of mine tried to work with it, too, but he had no success at all! So it's probably not a general hot tip, but rather personal tool preference.

Gondor

So water soluble China Ink  :thumbsup: I will get a small bottle so I don't spend much if it doesn't work for me.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Dizzyfugu

Decals applied (even though some stencils and the fake camera windows are still missing here):

1:72 Hawker S 34B 'Hunter'; 'Röda Två (Red Two)' of the Swedish Air Force Södermanland (F11) Wing, 1st Squadron; Nyköping (Sweden), 1968 (Whif/modified Revell kit) - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

The decals/marking came mostly from RBD Studio (today Moose Republic, very good stuff!) sheets for Saab 32 Lansen in Swedish service. The unusual tactical code in the form of a number in the squadron's color (instead of a colored letter or a white or yellow two-digit numeral that came next) was taken over from a real-world F11 S 32C from around 1963 – an exotic option, but it falls into the S 34B's time frame and was a suitable option for this whiffy model, too. To reflect the 1st squadron's code color even more and add a small color highlight, I painted the front wheel well cover in red and placed a white "2" on it.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Final straight; overall matt varnish improved the look of the S 34B a lot. Now I am doing some finishing touches, and soon some beauty shots.  :lol:

Dizzyfugu

Nothing new here, yet. It was very hot and humid around here during the last days, and I am also not feeling too well.  :-\

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Dizzyfugu

Thank you very much for the support. Mojo is quite low at the moment. Hurting back, the heat, other frustrations... it's a bit too much at once right now, I need to take some deep breaths. One step after the other.  :-\