The Lockheed F-22 Raptor concept replacements

Started by McColm, June 03, 2022, 07:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

If like me you play the online game Skyfox-One Special Mission then you will have come across the Super F-22,whether or not this is pure fiction is only a matter of time.
There are those who feel that the cancelled YF-23 should be it's successor or an updated version, not that my current rendition will ever be built for purpose. I don't know if the tooling was ever kept but the blueprints most certainly are.
The Eurofighter Typhoon and the Rafael are the equivalent as fighters but their production has stopped, the F-15FX or F-18HX are options as well.
Would the F-111H Switchblade be reworked or the Super E F-14 Tomcat or even the Avro Arrow, something to think about?
The Avro Golden Arrow, surely a worthy contender when it's finished.

The YF-23B Grey Ghost.

The F-111H Switchblade

There's two proposals from North American under the Retailiator Project. A fighter version of the Vigilante.

And there's this. Based on the Airfix N.A. RA-5C with parts from a 1/144 B-2 stealth bomber. Which I would like to build again.

McColm

The F-22 Raptor has been seen with conformal fuel tanks whether this is just for trials as in the case of the Eurofighter Typhoon which has yet to be fitted as standard or for a newer version remains to be seen.

Spino

Quote from: McColm on March 24, 2024, 12:13:09 AMThe F-22 Raptor has been seen with conformal fuel tanks whether this is just for trials as in the case of the Eurofighter Typhoon which has yet to be fitted as standard or for a newer version remains to be seen.

That last A-5/B-2 mashup looks like it needs increased wing sweep.  Might just be me though.

kerick

A replacement for the F-22 would have to incorporate the latest stealth tech. As a fighter it's pretty good and its nozzles give it some crazy maneuverability but it's all about the stealth and networking these days. And with the continued increase in remote piloting it's hard to say what an all new fighter might look like.
You have some interesting projects in the works. Carry on and let's see them in cool paint schemes!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm