Supermarine Spitfire ASR.Mk.14

Started by Knightflyer, June 04, 2022, 09:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

royabulgaf

Thanks for all the help!  I took a look at the ASR Lancs, but if and when I do one I'll probably use one of the all yellow Whirlwind schemes.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

Knightflyer

Quote from: royabulgaf on June 13, 2022, 07:13:19 PM
Thanks for all the help!  I took a look at the ASR Lancs, but if and when I do one I'll probably use one of the all yellow Whirlwind schemes.

Of course in some universes - the Royal Navy (and RAF) continue to use amphibious flying boats - which gives you this

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=41223.msg702970#msg702970

and here I am with an Amodel 1/144 Grumman Albatross in my stash as well, methinks the story will continue!  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on June 13, 2022, 11:51:38 PM

and here I am with an Amodel 1/144 Grumman Albatross in my stash as well, methinks the story will continue!  ;D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wurgerman

An all yellow Lanc would look fantastic !

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wurgerman on June 14, 2022, 04:52:12 AM

Ericr's probably already done one, with Do-X wings of course.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: Wurgerman on June 14, 2022, 04:52:12 AM

Well the Albatross would be in service in the early 1950's to replace Sea Otters / Walruses, so I 'see' Coastal Command camo over white under surfaces, but a Hi-Vis yellow or yellow with red certainly appeals (or camo with Hi-Vis panels of either yellow or red?)
Oh to be whiffing again :-(