The Supermarine Defender F3

Started by PR19_Kit, June 08, 2022, 04:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on July 06, 2022, 01:58:40 PM
Not usually seen any generally available either  :-\ Next time I see any for sale I will pick up a pack, just to make sure I have enough and never run out of any.

Gondor

Poundstore used to stock them, and I got some in Wilko's last time I popped in the local store. The medium sized and small ones tend to be available in craft/gift shops and are mainly sold around Christmas time for attaching cards to string etc.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

The biggest problem i found with my country is that if its not made here or china then they pretty much dont give a crap about it..theres so many things you blokes can get we've never had..like lead foil which most of you guys can get anywhere..not here..floor polish ..dont exisit here ..wooden pegs ..nope..not anymore..i checked yesterday..couldnt find at all.
If we want anything special then over seas it has to come from..its bloody annoying.
Modelling tools are included there by the way  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Returning to the Defender build...................  ;D

The PSR is done, thank goodness, and it's all primed and ready for some colour. Quite what that colour will be is open to question, although I'm tending toward NMF undersides and RAF 1950s camo uppers with Type D roundels.

We'll see what works anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I would prefer civilian light pink with big circles of dark pink and a wording like "love machine". ;)
But this is just me, other ones will give you more serious answers, sorry. :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

perttime

High speed silver with some bright coloured stripes. Red stripes?

PR19_Kit

It'll have red/white flashes either side of the roundels because it'll be with 41 Sqdn. the only squadron to go right through WWII only flying Spitfires, so red stripes might well work, yes.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Red stripes will make really attractive and if its sliver thrn it will bling like crazy ..the roundels are perfect ..yup that the one right there Kit  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

perttime

That should work  <_< I was thinking of a wider stripe but now I'm not sure if it would get in the way of something.

buzzbomb

PR19_Kit

Quote from: perttime on July 11, 2022, 09:47:52 PM

That should work  <_< I was thinking of a wider stripe but now I'm not sure if it would get in the way of something.

It might work better lower on the fuselage, but I need to check it in 3D later. I wanted the stripe on the Squadron flash to be noticeably wider than the main stripe, to distinguish it.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2022, 02:48:45 AM
Quote from: perttime on July 11, 2022, 09:47:52 PM

It might work better lower on the fuselage, but I need to check it in 3D later. I wanted the stripe on the Squadron flash to be noticeably wider than the main stripe, to distinguish it.

I was thinking the same Kit, as your drawing shows it's a little higher than the centre of the nose, intakes and exhaust. Try it on the centreline, it will annoy Tophe as it's not asymmetric but this is one time that is not as important as it looking right.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on July 11, 2022, 11:21:31 AM
I would prefer civilian light pink with big circles of dark pink and a wording like "love machine". ;)
But this is just me, other ones will give you more serious answers, sorry. :unsure:

I approve this scheme.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

PR19_Kit

I KNEW I should have bought shares in Tamiya before I started these jobs...........  ;D

And this is just the first masking setup for the NMF paint job.  :o

Regards
Kit