The Supermarine Defender F3

Started by PR19_Kit, June 08, 2022, 04:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

After the tape-fest above, I gave the Defender a couple of coats of Klear, and now it's ready for the decals.

I've printed those off too and some should go on tomorrow.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 15, 2022, 02:34:14 PM
After the tape-fest above, I gave the Defender a couple of coats of Klear, and now it's ready for the decals.

I've printed those off too and some should go on tomorrow.

HOLYCRAPTHAT'SALOOKER!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

If that thing gets any brighter ill need sun glasses just to look at it  ;D
Damn that looks so good Kit  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Scotaidh

All that masking is why I avoid NMFs on ... anything.  But, I do admire those with the patience and stick-to-it-iveness to get it done, 'specially when it comes out well. 

Well done, sir!  I salute you!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Looks good Kit  :thumbsup:

As a matter of interest what different colours did you use to get that look ? Last time I tried it on a P-47 what I thought were different shades were virtually identical under varnish  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

My 'Go To' NMF base colour has always been Halfords Ford Strato Silver, which is as near a dead match for the RAF's High Speed Silver as I've ever seen. I used that on the 'Acro Blixt' Lightning F3S too.

Once I'd masked off various panels I zapped it with the darker Halfords Ford Nimbus Grey, which is metallic BTW. Unfortunately it's TOO dark and I needed to 'de-contrast it', so gave the whole aircraft light overcoats of Strato Silver until it looked right.

There are SO many silvers on the Halfords racks that it's very difficult to find a correct shade, and the paint doesn't always match the colour band on the lid either, so it's a case of 'try it and see' really.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Really good NMF, Kit! Excellent! :bow: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Glad you all like it, it worked out well, for a change.  ;D

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2022, 06:10:49 AM

There are SO many silvers on the Halfords racks that it's very difficult to find a correct shade, and the paint doesn't always match the colour band on the lid either, so it's a case of 'try it and see' really.

Reminds me of a job I had, the customer wanted 'Battleship Grey' for it. So I went to the paint store and asked for it, 'what shade' was the response, 'how many shades are there' I said, guy pulls out a binder and says, 'look through here' --- there had to have been 200+ different shades in the binder -- my response was 'hold that for a mo' and I went back to the customer, who didn't know what shade he wanted    :o
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Now it's starting to look like an aeroplane.  ;D

Just the basic home printed decals so far, and only on the side you can see, but I'll add some of the detail stuff from the Attacker and Swift kits as appropriate later on.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]