The Supermarine Defender F3

Started by PR19_Kit, June 08, 2022, 04:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Nice result Kit, including the story  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Neat all round Kit, model and backstory  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

The Rat

Beautiful! That would take pride of place in many collections.   :wub: :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

That looks good, Kit! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
May have to buy one of these kits, i can see where i'd change stuff to make it suit my taste a bit more. :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Portugal may have ordered some of the export version of course.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2022, 10:37:41 AM
Portugal may have ordered some of the export version of course.  ;D :thumbsup:

Hum... That is a very good idea indeed...  :mellow:
Although it is tempting, I'd leave that one for somebody else cause I'd like to cut and change stuff on the Swift so it would probably be a prototype or new variant or a new plane... :wacko:
I have lots of other planes to do in PT markings so if the kit is to be built OOB, it will probably be PT but if it's to be modified, then the PT option is always a bit harder to justify in a backstory but, this is whiff land and i can always use your 2nd rule in modelling... Or is that the 3rd? :unsure: ;D :thumbsup:
Anyway, i do like my country and the PoAF's markings a lot but i also like everyone else's and i want to have more than just Portuguese Whiffs on my cabinet...  ;D :thumbsup: And that reminds me, i should finish the Moroccan RF-5E... :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Remember to get the Airfix Swift and not the Xtrakit one, they're like chalk and cheese compared to each other!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2022, 12:19:26 PM
Remember to get the Airfix Swift and not the Xtrakit one, they're like chalk and cheese compared to each other!

100% with you on that Kit although the Xtrakit one does lent itself to modification considering its lack of finesse.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on July 23, 2022, 01:29:51 PM

100% with you on that Kit although the Xtrakit one does lent itself to modification considering its lack of finesse.

Which is why I used it for the Defender's main fuselage. That and the fact that it's FAT.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Glenn Gilbertson

Well done, Kit, a real beauty, well worth all the hard work! :thumbsup:

comrade harps

She's a beauty and quite convincing  :wub:
Whatever.

PR19_Kit

Glad you like it gentlemen, thanks.

I've had that idea in my head for many years, and it just seemed to come together well, apart from the TONS of PSR of course.  ;D

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2022, 12:19:26 PM

Wilco! Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbsup: