Who’s SuE Will This Be? (spoiler alert! It’s a Roo-SuE) COMPLETED

Started by AeroplaneDriver, June 08, 2022, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Started work on the VF-805 Checkerboard tail tonight. I have decals for A-4s and also a USN F-8 that I thought might work but none of them really fit. So I looked at the options of masking and painting or making decals.  It feels like decals are an easier fix if I screw it up. 

I painted clear film red and cut out 1/8in squares. They are mostly placed on one side of the rudder. Going to let them settle and dry a bit then trim and see how they look.  Not perfect by a long shot but feeling like it's not bad.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Perfect it might not be but it sure as hell looks bloody good ..damn im thinking of that first square and ya getting the angles right ..thats alot of work time wise..nope shes a goodin mate for damn sure   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Masking checks is no fun.  You made the right decision.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Decals done on the Roo-SuE.  Not 100% happy with the checkerboard tail, but from a few feet it's not terrible.

Tomorrow will be some light weathering and hopefully final assembly over the next few days.  It will be carrying a fuel tank, the Exocet pictured, and maybe a pair of Sidewinders or a Sidewinder and ECM pod 

Last pic before she's done most likely.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Makes my RAN FAA version look positively boring.  Although mine is carrying a Japanese ASM-2 rather than an Exocet.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That does look good.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It also reminds me just how big Excocets are (were)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PolluxDeltaSeven

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 04, 2022, 11:39:42 PM
Decals done on the Roo-SuE.  Not 100% happy with the checkerboard tail, but from a few feet it's not terrible.

Tomorrow will be some light weathering and hopefully final assembly over the next few days.  It will be carrying a fuel tank, the Exocet pictured, and maybe a pair of Sidewinders or a Sidewinder and ECM pod 

Last pic before she's done most likely.
Nice ! I was wondering if you'd chose the Exocet or some Harpoon missile on it. Now I have my answer ;)

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 05, 2022, 05:45:10 AM
That does look good.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It also reminds me just how big Excocets are (were)
Oh they still are ! It's just that the bird carrying them (Rafale) is much bigger than the venerable SuE :D
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

NARSES2

Quote from: PolluxDeltaSeven on July 06, 2022, 02:15:00 AM

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 05, 2022, 05:45:10 AM
Oh they still are ! It's just that the bird carrying them (Rafale) is much bigger than the venerable SuE :D

Oh, thanks  :thumbsup: I wasn't certain if they were still in use