Who’s SuE Will This Be? (spoiler alert! It’s a Roo-SuE) COMPLETED

Started by AeroplaneDriver, June 08, 2022, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolluxDeltaSeven

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 06, 2022, 06:30:04 AM

Oh, thanks  :thumbsup: I wasn't certain if they were still in use

Well, everything is different inside (engine, warhead, seeker, etc.), but the aerodynamic (and g center) is the same, and it looks globally similar to the old 80's variants.
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Slower going than I'd hoped for thanks to a busy week at work last week and a run in with our old friend COVID since Saturday.  But feeling much better so here is the legally mandated "she's on her pegs" shot.

Hope to finish tomorrow.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

She does look good. :thumbsup:

Camo keeps throwing me, though; I'm only used to seeing this "proper" camouflage scheme on the Albatross flight line:

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

That bird is looking very good  :thumbsup:..if it turns out like your buccaneer it will be epic  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Finished this one a week ago but just got around to taking some photos.  Pretty happy with how it turned out. 

In 1956 the RAN began the lengthy search for replacements for the Majestic Class carriers Melbourne and Sydney.  Initial proposals from the US and UK to provide and Essex Class or HMS Hermes were rejected and the plan to replace the carriers was continued.  My the mid 60s the UK Royal Navy was looking at the very distinct possibility that the CVA-01 class of aircraft carriers would be cancelled.  Political infighting and budget issues had brought the program to the brink.  In an effort to save the program the Royal Navy approached Australia and Canada with a proposal to sell carriers of the class to both countries, renaming it the "Commonwealth Class".  Some astute backroom wheeling and dealing resulted in both nations agreeing to order a ship of the class in early 1966.  This made the program politically difficult to cancel and also spread program costs out over five ships instead of three, so work proceeded resulting in the Commonwealth class, the Royal Navy ships Queen Elizabeth, Prince Of Wales, and Duke Of Edinburgh, the Australian Canberra, and the Canadian Bonaventure.  The first UK carrier entered service in 1973, the second in 1975, and then HMAS Canberra in 1977. 

For their airwing the Australians like the British and Canadians went with the F-4 Phantom for air-defense.  But they went alone on a strike platform, choosing the new French Super Etendard. 

This model represents a Super Etendard aboard Canberra in late 1981 during a live fire test of the Exocet anti-ship missile. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"