Who’s SuE Will This Be? (spoiler alert! It’s a Roo-SuE) COMPLETED

Started by AeroplaneDriver, June 08, 2022, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Yes, your pictures of two days ago have disappeared, it seems, here above. :unsure:
If that comes back in the following days, no problem, but if they are lost forever, too bad, I regret I did not save your wonderful Étendard two-seaters... :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

I see some pictures but no more the many colour profiles made by Pollux Delta 7, including two-seaters. :-\
(my post was not clear because the page change hides to whom I am answering, sorry) :unsure:

perttime

Quote from: Tophe on June 12, 2022, 12:07:20 PM
I see some pictures but no more the many colour profiles made by Pollux Delta 7, including two-seaters. :-\
(my post was not clear because the page change hides to whom I am answering, sorry) :unsure:
I still see those too???
Looks like those profiles are posted via Dropbox. I didn't know that can be done.

I quite like the ones that are darker grey on top and lighter on the bottom (German and Indian).

Tophe

Uh, I made Quote on the post of Pollux Delta 7, and copied the adress of the first picture, then I required its display directly.I got the message "Error (410)
Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified
". I hope it will be solved in a near future.

nighthunter

Could do a Rhodesian AF bird, to "replace" the RhAF Hunters (Blasphemy, I know, I am well aware, lol)
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PolluxDeltaSeven

I'm trying to repost the pictures, trying another method with Dropbox. I used Dropbox to share pics a long time ago, but haven't tried for years.

How do you post pics on the forum, guys ? Just in case it's not working either this time.

So:

UAE twin seater:

Venezuela single-seat ground attack variant:

German Navy single-seater + alternate camo

Hellenic Air Force:

Indian Navy single-seat Extended Range:

Portuguese Air Force twin seater:

Gabon (ex-South African):

French Navy twin-seater (training + combat):

Royal Thai Navy twin seater:

Nigerian Air Force (never completed):

Hope that can bring you some inspiration !
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Tophe

Wonderful! It works! I save immediately these nice two-seaters, thanks (and congratulations)! :thumbsup:

scooter

Quote from: PolluxDeltaSeven on June 20, 2022, 02:08:47 AM

How do you post pics on the forum, guys ? Just in case it's not working either this time.

I can see them.  As for what I personally use for the boards, it's Imgur with some Deviantart mixed ij
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

I can see them and I love the Greek one in particular  :bow:

As for posting pictures ? You have to use and external hosting service and each of those seems to have a different way of posting pictures, so I think it's a case of if you have problems ask on site and someone who uses the same service provider will be able (hopefully) to help. I still use Photobucket as I've got a good deal and I know how to use it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I'm still pushing for RAN service.

It just fits the time line & the odd bucking against US pressure to buy American during Vietnam.

- Their American allies in the Vietnam War lent on the Australians heavily to choose the Lockheed F-104G Starfighter making the choice of the French aircraft highly unexpected, especially since the French government was opposed to the war. Mirages entered service in the RAAF in 1965 and were used in a front-line role by seven RAAF units.

- The RAN received ten A-4Gs in 1967 and another ten in 1971, and operated the type from 1967 to 1984.  The RAN received ten Dassault Étendard IVs in 1967, replacing the aging HMAS Sydney (III) with the new Clemenceau-class HMAS Freycinet (the only Australian capital ship not named after a city, with the exception of HMAS Australia) and another ten in 1971, and operated the type from 1967 to 1980, when they were replaced by 18 Dassault-Breguet Super Étendards.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

nighthunter

(I hate the F-104) But the Aussies did it wicked smart by going with the Mirage, as it performed better than the 104 in several ways. The 104 was Lockheed's mistake that it was a 1-trick pony, and their bribery and attempts to market it as otherwise, in my mind, makes them liable for all the pilots killed in accidents trying to use it in ways it wasn't designed to be used. The Grumman F11F was far superior to both, though.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

I keep forgetting the Tiger. That was a good looking aeroplane with excellent performance and has been overlooked for far too long.

Who else did one in 1/72 besides Hasegawa? The latter now being of the 'Hen's Teeth' variety of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PolluxDeltaSeven

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 20, 2022, 06:26:13 AM
I'm still pushing for RAN service.

It just fits the time line & the odd bucking against US pressure to buy American during Vietnam.

- Their American allies in the Vietnam War lent on the Australians heavily to choose the Lockheed F-104G Starfighter making the choice of the French aircraft highly unexpected, especially since the French government was opposed to the war. Mirages entered service in the RAAF in 1965 and were used in a front-line role by seven RAAF units.

- The RAN received ten A-4Gs in 1967 and another ten in 1971, and operated the type from 1967 to 1984.  The RAN received ten Dassault Étendard IVs in 1967, replacing the aging HMAS Sydney (III) with the new Clemenceau-class HMAS Freycinet (the only Australian capital ship not named after a city, with the exception of HMAS Australia) and another ten in 1971, and operated the type from 1967 to 1980, when they were replaced by 18 Dassault-Breguet Super Étendards.

I just loooove this idea !

I always enjoy stories involving "lost" naval aviation: what if the Netherlands, Canada and Australia had kept them alive through the 1980's and 1990' ?

"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2022, 07:07:40 AM
I keep forgetting the Tiger. That was a good looking aeroplane with excellent performance and has been overlooked for far too long.

Who else did one in 1/72 besides Hasegawa? The latter now being of the 'Hen's Teeth' variety of course.

The 1/71 Hasegawa Tigers are rare?  I've got two. <smug face>  One of them's the Blue Angels release which must be super rare.   ;D
The main thing I remember about the F-11F is one shot itself down.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..