Who’s SuE Will This Be? (spoiler alert! It’s a Roo-SuE) COMPLETED

Started by AeroplaneDriver, June 08, 2022, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 22, 2022, 06:24:35 AM
...This friction slowed the projectile slightly whilst accelerating the aircraft...

My brain completely refused to accept this part of the tale.  But having thought about it for a while I now accept its truth.
Bravo.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

It helps to have done a bit of Uni level Physics. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

Still completely decided the user. Was strongly leaning towards RAN Light Gull Gray over White as per the ealry USN scheme on the Skyhawks, but my last two builds have been that scheme and as much as I love it I want a little variety. Still leaning RAN but with a totally fictional two-tone blue camo over white. 

Not 100% in on the camo, but I'm learning I often feel that way until decals are on. Think I'm going to press on with RAN decals.  Still haven't totally ruled out Greek or Brazilian as I have both in the decal stash, but the Australian decals are much better and more comprehensive.  I'll make a decision after touch up is done and the masking comes off to show the white.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

AeroplaneDriver

With it unmasked, the radome painted black and a test decal placed, I have to say I'm liking this as a RAN SuE! 

Thinking the white rudder will end up in the distinctive VF-805 red and white checkerboard. 

Tophe

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 27, 2022, 11:35:32 PM
I have to say I'm liking this as a RAN SuE! 
Here in France, politicians would clap their hands saying this is one more success of exporting our technology.
While I am just smiling, not forgetting this is just a scale model without billions €, just a what-if smile, pleasant, thanks :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Nice colours! Coming along wonderfully! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

AeroplaneDriver

Tophe

Thanks! (I was fearing this was not the subject at all, as the markings are classically French, but if that toon made you smile, I am happy!) ;)

Poz67

A lot of inspiration and talent !