Winnebago Helocamper

Started by Ed S, June 10, 2022, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

He guys. Remember me?  I know, I haven't posted in a while.  Mostly haven't been home and haven't had much time for model building. The wife and I are still mostly traveling around the country in our Sprinter van camper.  But I did get one model finished this year. It is the Atlantis re-issue of the old 1/72 Aurora HH-3 Jolly Green Giant.  I scratchbuilt the interior and exterior details.  The bicycles are Brengun photoetch.  Decals were printed on my laser printer and some old decals.

overall view

starboard side

campground detail

port side with kayaks and kayak carrier

aft view of ramp and bicycles

interior before assembly

interior before assembly

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

The Rat

Absolutely terrific!  One small complaint: If you switch the refrigerator door to a left hinge, you can access beer without getting out of bed!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Trust Ratty to notice the direction of beer  :lol: :lol:
Huge chopper fan and i do like this one ..very cool indeed  :thumbsup:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ed S

Quote from: The Rat on June 10, 2022, 06:55:45 PM
Were you inspired by the real one?
https://www.google.com/search?q=winnebago+helicopter+camper&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA910CA910&oq=winneb&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i67i131i433j69i57j0i67l6j0i67i433.5150j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yes, I am well aware of the original ones that Winnebago actually built. We own a different Winnebago RV and had toured their plant and museum and read about the originals. The kit was actually a part of this year's local club contest in that we all had to build the same kit. I was talking to my wife about possible ideas to "modify" the kit and she suggested the RV.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ericr

kerick

Beautiful job!
There was something about "glamping" in a retired British Seaking I saw once.

Hey, wait a minute! No open fires anywhere near an aircraft!!!!

You could fly straight in for Oshkosh and camp right next to the chopper and not have to pay overpriced rates for a motel miles away......

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

Nice return Ed  :thumbsup:

Glad you're enjoying the touring  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

BRILLIANT idea, and superbly executed too.

Nice job Ed.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 11, 2022, 02:21:18 AM
BRILLIANT idea, and superbly executed too.

Nice job Ed.  :thumbsup:

Concur!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

Wow! Great work, this has given me a few ideas.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Great, fun piece of work. 

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..