F-100 Supersabre, Czech Republic circa 1960

Started by Ed S, June 10, 2022, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Believe it or not, I will actually be home for the next couple weeks, so I decided to jump into this GB.  I am starting with an ERTL 1/72 F-100D. A pretty basic kit, but it looks buildable.

The back story is that the Czech Republic did not end up as a Warsaw Pack, Soviet puppet state, but as a NATO Member during the cold war. As a frontline NATO member, that were able to get support from the US and in the 50's, the F-100 became their primary day fighter.

Box art

Basic parts
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

AeroplaneDriver

Built that kit years ago.  Really not a bad kit.  I enjoyed it.  Looking forward to seeing this one!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Rat

My absolute favourite aircraft when I was a wee squirt, before we moved to England and various RAF types caught my interest. About time I got around to building one.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

That ultra long intake gets me every time.  ;D

Looking forward to this build Ed.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I was never keen on the Hun until I built one in 1/72 and got to see it from many more angles than those normally photographed.

Good luck with this.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Ed S

End of day one.  Basic assembly finished.  It went together better than I had anticipated. Putty and seam filling was minimal.  Now ready for primer.

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Mossie

Quick work Ed.  I've nearly bought this kit a few times and passed on it. If I see one again I will pick it, nice, but simple kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Moving along nicely..

Put some primer on a couple days ago.

Painted and ready for decals and weathering.

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Ed S

Ed S

Finished.  Not a great model, but not bad. 

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

I love the RDAF style burning on the aft fuselage Ed. You've got that PERFECTLY!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

I consider that an "If Only ...", rather than a "What If ..." :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est