Cobalt Industries Python

Started by Wardukw, June 14, 2022, 06:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Needs a few more pylons...................  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I quite like that colour scheme  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 28, 2022, 06:35:32 PM

Not sure she looks like a mud-mover, more a high speed strategic strike (read "nuke") bomber.

Very much so. Could even see her with French roundels as a Mirage IV replacement  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Well i guess the yays have it  :lol:  ..the paint job remains .
Ok this will surprise you guys a wee bit maybe   ;D
The paint scheme is a slightly modified copy of one from a A7E Corsair from US Navy squadron VA22 Figthing Redcocks on the US Enterprise ..Persian gulf 1988 ..its the 3rd version on the plans for a Italeri 48th A7 ive got...its also where the MK82 retarded iron bombs are coming from   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Scotaidh

I like the camo scheme.  If you're looking to break it up a bit and make it less symmetrical, I'd go for black over the grey - should blur out the lines a bit!  :)

The vanes under the cockpit are a bit different, but I recall an experimental F-16 with similarly placed control surfaces - but those were huge, whilst yours are understated.  I like yours better.  :) 

As to weapons load-out, no reason you can't keep the Anti-Satellite weapons on the inner three pylons and put anti-radiation missiles on the outers.  Then, if an enemy satellite "switches on" you can take it out with those!  :)

Double your chances, double your fun
With double the missiles, You should bag at least one!  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

Thanks ya matey  ;D
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 29, 2022, 05:04:02 AM
Needs a few more pylons...................  ;) ;D
The thing is ..i was looking at adding 2 more  :lol:..for sidewinders .
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 29, 2022, 05:53:03 AM

Not sure she looks like a mud-mover, more a high speed strategic strike (read "nuke") bomber.

Very much so. Could even see her with French roundels as a Mirage IV replacement  ;)
:lol: that would be different Chris but alass i dont have any French decals ...or do i ?  ;)

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 29, 2022, 01:05:55 PM
I like the camo scheme.  If you're looking to break it up a bit and make it less symmetrical, I'd go for black over the grey - should blur out the lines a bit!  :)

The vanes under the cockpit are a bit different, but I recall an experimental F-16 with similarly placed control surfaces - but those were huge, whilst yours are understated.  I like yours better.  :) 

As to weapons load-out, no reason you can't keep the Anti-Satellite weapons on the inner three pylons and put anti-radiation missiles on the outers.  Then, if an enemy satellite "switches on" you can take it out with those!  :)

Double your chances, double your fun
With double the missiles, You should bag at least one!  :)
Thank you bud   ;D
It would a bloody strange load out with anti satellite missles on the centre..bombs on the outer and self defense on the remaining pylons  :lol:
Or a nuke in the middle and ASMs and so on..but theres no soild load out for the mo so all ideas are still on the table  :thumbsup:
AND YES your reading my mind again Scotaidh ..i was actually thinking of spraying black lines around all the colours to break them all up but honestly im kinda worried now it would bugger it all up ..i might just start the paint again but on a chunk of cardboard and see how it looks or instead of black which is to dark ..well black maybe a very dark gary feathered around the edges.
Bingo buddy..yes it was a F16 with the large canards with the nose wheel in the middle of them..google time..and it was the F-16 AFTI or ..Advanced Figther Technology Integration test bed..and agreed..i like mine more too  :lol:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 29, 2022, 01:37:03 PM

:lol: that would be different Chris but alas i don't have any French decals ...or do i ?  ;)

Try looking in a certain package that got tossed across The Ditch. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 30, 2022, 04:54:17 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 29, 2022, 01:37:03 PM

:lol: that would be different Chris but alas i don't have any French decals ...or do i ?  ;)

Try looking in a certain package that got tossed across The Ditch. ;)
Well i shall do so and if i find some then this could be my very first French  aircraft and works perfectly with Chris's idea as a replacement for the Mirage 4  ;D

Wardukw

Well an idea was put forward from Chris about turning this into a replacement for the Mirage IV ..thanks to some decals Guy sent me it is now going to be French ..which is perfectly fine with me as this will be the first and only French plane i build for a time ..i dont hate the French its just i wont have any decals left  :lol:
The decals are from a C-119 flying boxcar but they havent changed from what ive seen so all good .

Tophe

Yesterday French TV said a contract has been signed with New Zealand for economic exchanges, especially about agriculture. Obviously these new supersonic planes (that were not mentioned at all) are top secret, shht don't say it too loud. ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

:lol: matey  ;D
Yup it would seem thats indeed going to happen Tophe and for what ?? No idea  :lol:
Probably meat and fruit and milk products but im only guessing ..as for the jets ..saddly no ..the python is made in Canada and sold to the French..cheaper that way so the French dont have to start from scratch on a new design ..it works was a wee back story .
I know this is annoying but this birds combat role has changed ..or better had added more roles..being a ultra high altitude interceptor it now can be a bomber interceptor as well .
Its like what Guy said ..he cant see this being a mud mover and hes right..its to fast for that role but as a nuke delivery system it would do fine and its a multi role aircraft anyway now so it can intercept bombers too  ;D

Wardukw

Update time guys...
All painting is done ..following what Guy said about the camo being to symmetrical i changed it a wee bit to fix that and then forgot to do underneath it  ;D
All the weapons have been painted and glossed ready for washing ..oh the plane is glossed as well ..been along hard day today and my left arm isnt working very well at the mo..kinda over did it a bit.
Im sticking to the missiles cause they look good or will look good and the pylons are already set up for them .
Ill get to putting decals on it this week i hope if not the weekend for sure.

Wardukw

Update..decals are on ..missles nearly done ..wiffy colours of course  ;D and very soon its weathering time..its not going to be hard core weathering as modern paint wares alot better than the paint of old but it is going to be a plane which has been upstairs quite often and is showing it ..like its time for its dew maintenance but its a wee behind.
But its getting there guys.

Rick Lowe

Maintenance times get pushed out, when the unit is needed elsewhere - like on the front lines...  ;)

Looking forward to seeing the end result.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Ohh way close to the front lines or behind the front lines or in most cases wayyy above  ;D

Wardukw

Well im calling it done guys..done my time on this one and happy its done.
Its fully loaded and weathered but for some reason i couldnt get the vibe going on this .
Ive deleted the canards as again the vibe for those wasnt right so removed em and now this is just one very sleak high speed plane and ill admit it does look alot better without them.
Pics should follow later today as the weather is crap so time shouldnt be a problem .