Cobalt Industries Python

Started by Wardukw, June 14, 2022, 06:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Alrighty then its update time ..no pics at the mo but soon.
The plane is primed and the first paint has hit the plastic..dark gray ..went to spray the second lighter gray and all hell broke loose..the paint looked ligther but when dry it was darker then the dark gray if you can figure that out  and then my airbrush had a fit and i think theres water in my compressors tank so ill look at that today sometime but so far its looking ok for now.
Next is spraying the missiles..i think white or light blue or both ..theres the ASMs ..ALRAAMs and ASRAAMs .
Not being padantic here but for a wee clarification..
ASM..anti satellite missile.
ALRAAM..advanced long range anti aircraft missile.
ASRAAMS..advanced short range anti aircraft missile.
;D
Yeah its simple when its all spelled out but the abbreviations sound cooler  <_<
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 27, 2022, 11:39:48 AM
no pics at the mo but soon.
Good, we will wait a little, no problem... ;)

Uh? At my work (bacteriology lab), it was meaning something else. ASM congress abroad, in the USA I remember... I asked Google and yes: "American Society for Microbiology"! More peaceful than missiles, but with danger too... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Quote from: Tophe on June 27, 2022, 11:18:45 PM
no pics at the mo but soon.
Good, we will wait a little, no problem... ;)

Uh? At my work (bacteriology lab), it was meaning something else. ASM congress abroad, in the USA I remember... I asked Google and yes: "American Society for Microbiology"! More peaceful than missiles, but with danger too... ;)

Those mirco organisms can take out a absolute crap load of ppl  Tophe ..just look at covid and besides these missiles just bugger up satellites not ppl .
Well since im here ill update you blokes a bit..i hate gray paint..having a nightmare trying to match colours and not have it looking like total crap.
I can't really see much difference with the shades so i tryed something and tomorrow ill throw a couple of pics on here cause i need your opinions ..honest ones too.
This will depend on how i proceed with this paint job because im in two minds to scrap the paint job entirely.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

What's going on here?  :o :o :o This is going to be epic... :wub:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Ok im having second thoughts about this whole anti satellite shooting em down bit..im not happy..the vibe is wrong .
Im thinking of turning into a multi role strike figther/bomber.
The anti satellite missles look ok but its the camo which sucks butt valleys .
Ive got bombs ..MK82s ..no JDAMS or anything that modern but 82s are still used so thats ok.
Paint schemes are many so choosing a new one wont be to annoying.
Yeah i be thinking this thing needs a make over..
Pics to follow later today so you can see how crap this looks right now.

Tophe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 28, 2022, 01:46:53 PM
or "how good"... (I hope so) ;)

Wardukw

Well as promised here it is ,,
DSCF3514 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3517 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3518 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Old Wombat

Actually, I quite like the scheme, even if it is all greys. :thumbsup:

My only mildly negative comments would be that the camo's too symmetrical & there are too many stores points for lesser weapons (for the ASAT role), as ASAT tends to be conducted from rear echelon areas, where enemy air assets aren't going to be an issue.

I know the USAF had fairly symmetrical schemes but they were those weird things designed to even out the shadowy angles from the brighter "flat" surfaces - generally failing, as far as I can tell.

Not sure she looks like a mud-mover, more a high speed strategic strike (read "nuke") bomber.

Still: Carry on, that man! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Well thank ya Guy..made me feel a bit better about the paint.
Im wondering once i weather this it will break up the lines a bit making it look less symmetrical .
Yeah to those weapons stations..theres seven..the centre is normally fuel but i do have quite a large bomb which can go there.
Ok ill clarify the mounts..the 3 large ones..centre and inner wings.. were for the ASMs and the rest for self defense which now there will be four for the self defense part and the big three will be bombs and ya know me ol mate a nuke could be in the picture as this bloody large bomb would be about 2500lbs at least.
Hell im temped to do a entirely  new back story for it now  ;D

Tophe

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 28, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

"How crap" he says... :o Mate, imho, that's freaking gorgeous! I love the design of the bird and camo! Love the colors...  :wub:
Regarding the layout, i guess i see something like a low level penetration or interdiction... :unsure:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Cheers Zen man  ;D
It looks crap to me because i dont see colours like you guys can..being 3/4 colour blind plays havoc with what the eyes see over what the colour is ..its bloody annoying  :lol:

Dizzyfugu

That's looking really good!  :thumbsup: I'm just not certain about the fins in front of the front wheel well - but that's personal taste!

Wardukw

Thanks Thomas  ;D
I put those fins there for two reasons mate..filling up holes and i kinda saw them on some plane ..now i dont remember if it was a drawing or a real plane i saw them but they just give a little more to that area and they fill up 2 bloody great holes from the fins on the B58s centre line fuel tank.

zenrat

With that camo i'm picturing it wearing red stars...

:thumbsup:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..