A Light Meteor Shower

Started by Gondor, June 17, 2022, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

These builds started as part of the one week group build but partly because of most of two days spent haveing to do other things and partly due to the nature of the kits they are not going to be finished in time so they will continue here.

The Meteors in question will be an Italian F.8 and an F.8.T.T. which will probably be Swiss although it could end up as Swedish. The kits are the MPM and SPecial Hobby kits of the Prone Meteor without the prone parts which are slated for other projects.

The wings are together and are partway through their PSR sessions, The fuselages are together and recently had the tail surfaces fitted which require PSR.

As I am on sick leave for all of next week I am hopeing to get them near finished if not completed by the time I have to go back to work.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Not been hugely interested in modelling since I wasn't able to finish anything for the OWGB, did manage to finish some PSR on Meteor No1 and the wings have been glued to the fuselage so that's another set of joints that will need PSR.
Desided to say which model is which so that people can keep track of what is happening to what.

Meteor No1 is from the MPM boxing of the Prone Meteor. This one is going to probably be a Swiss Target Tug

Meteor No2 is from the Special Hobby boxing of the Prone Meteor. This will be an Italian F.8

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Quote from: Tophe on June 21, 2022, 03:05:22 PM
Will they remain Prone Meteors with 2 cockpits on each one? I love this shape and I ignored it was available as kits... :thumbsup:

You should read what I wrote above and immediately befor the information that the aircraft were from Prone Meteor Kits!

Quote from: Gondor on June 17, 2022, 01:24:27 PM

The Meteors in question will be an Italian F.8 and an F.8.T.T. which will probably be Swiss although it could end up as Swedish.

Gondor

Gondor

Quote from: Tophe on June 21, 2022, 07:18:17 PM
Quote from: Gondor on June 21, 2022, 04:16:42 PM
You should read what I wrote above and immediately befor the information that the aircraft were from Prone Meteor Kits!
I had read it but it seemed to me impossible to believe: why choosing kits of this marvelous/incredible version to build normal/boring ones? I thought I was misreading... ;)

You were obviously so shocked to read that part that the rest of that sentence where it says that I am using the prone parts for other projects, one will be going onto the front of a Canberra.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

I wonder how many of those prone pilot noses have been glued onto aircraft OTHER than Meteors, compared to proper prone Meteors?

In this place the non-Meteors are beating the Meteors hands down!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 22, 2022, 03:56:03 AM
I wonder how many of those prone pilot noses have been glued onto aircraft OTHER than Meteors, compared to proper prone Meteors?

In this place the non-Meteors are beating the Meteors hands down!  ;D

Well you know what we are like here.... Normal is almost a swear word  ;D

Or we could say..... We Normally do Different

Gondor

Gondor

Been playing around trying to sort out exactly how I am going to fit the Target Tug equipment under the wing as what Hasegawa supply has a pylon about twice the length f the Meteor's under wing pylon!
Ground clearance is another issue or could be although I have seen pictures of aircraft carrying the big Dart targets and it's quite interesting how they get them to fit under an F-5 or F-104 wing!
Anyway, managed to find some pictures which gives me an idea of how to modify the Hasegawa parts to produce what I need, it might even fit onto a normal pylon after conversion!
Still various bits of PSR to do so I may mask the cockpit and the intakes/exhausts too then apply some primer to give me a better idea of the PSR needed, this sounds like a good idea but may not be as it will show up all the problems  :-\

Gondor

Gondor

So the target has been getting all the attention today so far.

This is what I am aiming for  :rolleyes:

Considering what the Hasegawa supplied parts look like I have had to modify the pole as although the pod and the pole are effectively the same, the connection between the two is not. Part of the frett for the etch parts of the Meteor are bing used to provide the connection between the pole and the pod, these have been bent around a brass rod I have to shape a strip of it. The plan is to superglue the straps into place into the pod through holed I have drilled, more frett will probably end up getting added as part of the attatchment on the pod, but that's for later. It's going to be interesting getting this all aligned  :-\

Gondor