Done :- The Supermarine Swift F10

Started by PR19_Kit, June 21, 2022, 02:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Yup thats a mistake ive been caught out on too with your name mate ..i went the same route as Allister..not Alastair ..not a booboo ill make again ..now i know that is  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Here's the Swift F10 with a painted cockpit and a lengthen tailplane. It matches the lengthened wings a bit better now I think, but it'll need a  tad more PSR naturally.............

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Love the taller vertical stabiliser. The real one always looked too small to me, but since the Swift had excellent low-level performance I suppose it must have been adequate.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Looking at that plane from above Kit it looks more correct with the longer wings and Rat is right to about the taller vertical stabilizer..it is more aesthetically pleasing mate .balanced  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Now you're starting to see my way of thinking.  ;D

About longer wings I mean......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Oh Kit me ol mate ive been a fan of longer wings for yrs ..we both think alike there as longer wings is always better  :thumbsup:
I had a accident when i was a kid when my Italeri 48th TR1 had a problem with gravity one night and nosed into the floor but i also had the remains of a Monogram B26 Marauder ..soooo after making the tr1s wings wider can ya guess where they went  ;)

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Yup  :lol: it was ugly as sin and i freakin loved it  :lol:

PR19_Kit

I'm not at all sure I've got the colour right on the F10.

All the colour plans say the camo should be Dark Green and Dark Sea Grey on the upper surfaces of Swifts, so I brushed on an overall coat of Hataka Dark Sea Grey, but it looks too dark to me.

OK, it's a blurry pic, but it's magnified up from one all five of my builds at the mo, but the colour is as it is. It's not as dark as Extra Dark Sea Grey, that's almost black, but it still seems too dark.

Anyone else used this particular paint before and could give an opinion?

I've actually done the Dark Green as well by now, and it's not impossible to over-paint the DSG if it's wrong I guess.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I beleive that I used the Hataka paint for my Tempest Kit

The Tempest at the back of the picture was definitely done in Humbrol paint, I'm sure the one at the front was Hataka.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

But which Hataka paint?  Wouldn't a Tempest have been done in Dark Green and Ocean Grey?

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 17, 2022, 11:17:36 AM
But which Hataka paint?  Wouldn't a Tempest have been done in Dark Green and Ocean Grey?

Just checked and your correct.  :banghead:

However the picture does show that the colour is very close to the Humbrol colours which tends to suggest that what your after will be the same or close.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

loupgarou

In my computer your photo looks medium blue... :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

It  does for real too, FAR too dark to my eyes.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

This is the colour it should be, as depicted by my Gloster Lance. That paint was Mr. Colour Dark Sea Grey.

It's nothing like the Hataka version. :(

Now I just may have that pot of Mr. Colour with me, fingers crossed.....

Regards
Kit