Single-engined Canberras

Started by Tophe, June 28, 2022, 12:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have read the Wikipedia French page about the EE Camberra and it was written that the first project for it, dated 1944, was a single engined jet plane. I wondered: maybe twin-boom like a big Vampire? ;D
I was ready to ask in the GB discussion "is it possible to draw a preliminary Camberra not just derivatives of the true one?"
But the Camberra English Wikipedia page, more detailed, destroyed this hope of mine: not twin-boom no, but conventional layout, with a single engine first then two engines.
Anyway I may dream what-ifly of a twin-boom version of Camberra project, 1945, or single-engine asymmetric joke, 1950. This will be my goal here... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

I eagerly look forward to seeing this Tophe.
Also, how about an asymmetric single engined Canberra?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on June 28, 2022, 12:43:23 AM
or single-engine asymmetric joke, 1950.

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2022, 04:16:34 AM
how about an asymmetric single engined Canberra?

Were we speaking of the same thing or do you imagine something different?
My project was something as discarding the starboard jet and port tailplane. Is it that also for yours or something else?

loupgarou

The title and first posts  are making me think of a scaleoramed "thing" with 1/72 Vampire tails and engine, and forward 1/100 or thereabout Canberra fuselage (or 1/48 and 1/72)
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Tophe

Quote from: loupgarou on June 28, 2022, 04:39:01 AM
The title and first posts  are making me think of a scaleoramed "thing" with 1/72 Vampire tails and engine, and forward 1/100 or thereabout Canberra fuselage (or 1/48 and 1/72)
This is an interesting complementary idea, I may do that in July also, thanks. ;D (as drawings, I mean, I will not build that in plastic)

zenrat

Same thing.  I didn't read your post properly.  But no joke.

I then thought about putting both engines on the same side, shortening the other wing (sorry Kit) discarding one tailplane while lengthening the other.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2022, 04:42:11 AM
I then thought about putting both engines on the same side, shortening the other wing (sorry Kit) discarding one tailplane while lengthening the other.
Very good also! Thi will be, yes! Thanks!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2022, 04:42:11 AM

shortening the other wing (sorry Kit) discarding one tailplane while lengthening the other

Gulp!

But you could put the discarded bit on the other side................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

To be forgiven for the heretic crime of reducing a span (!) I may add a looong span version, as this will be in vector drawing, this will be very easy to do. Thanks for having added one more version to the collection! :thumbsup:
I was so right writing Camberras in the title, as there will be many ones... (I thought 2 at first, twin-boom + asymmetric, while there may be 10 or 15 at the end...) :lol:

McColm

Would it look like the Lockheed U-2 with Canberra wings?

Tophe

Yes, "extended" Camberra wings... ;)

McColm

Is this why Mach2 made their B-57 so it could be whiffed?

Tophe

Quote from: McColm on June 28, 2022, 09:03:28 AM
Is this why Mach2 made their B-57 so it could be whiffed?
Yes, I see the 2 different wings (of B-57 Camberra kit) at https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/builds/m2/build_m2_1872.shtml before paint... Interesting! Thanks!

loupgarou

Quote from: McColm on June 28, 2022, 08:16:40 AM
Would it look like the Lockheed U-2 with Canberra wings?

An U-2 with Canberra wings (the part outside the engines) would look more or less like a F-104, with a much fatter wing profile... :-\
The opposite would be more interesting (1/72 Canberra with 1/48 U-2 wings):

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Tophe