The SwAF 'Acro Blixt' F36 Lightning

Started by PR19_Kit, July 01, 2022, 05:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 09, 2022, 04:43:53 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 09, 2022, 04:20:12 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 08, 2022, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 08, 2022, 06:30:20 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 08, 2022, 06:20:11 AMYou can always use your power as a GB Mod  :angel:

What makes you think Fred and WON'T do that anyway?  ;D  ;D

Does that mean we can ask for a two month extension?

Gondor

Why have power if you can't exploit it?

:wacko:

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And that is why I am here  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Most of the painting on the Akro Blixt Lightning is done now, bar the landing gear, and it's almost ready for the decals, again..........

I'm not too happy with the different NMF shades I applied, there's not enough difference in the various tomes and I've liked the re-painted panels to be a little darker, but it'd be a real pain to re-mask them and re-paint, so they'll stay as they are. Spinners' pics show many more panels in darker shades, but I don't have that much time to spare sadly.

You cannot view this attachment.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

I can see the variations in shades on the band under the front of the tail & on the control surfaces. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 10, 2022, 08:17:04 PMI can see the variations in shades on the band under the front of the tail & on the control surfaces. :thumbsup:

Actually the variation under the tail is a shadow, I've darkened the belly just forward of the tank, but you can't see it in this view.

Sponners' shading covered much more or the airframe.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Got to putting the basic kit decals on, and I've lost the instruction sheet, so downloaded the one from Scalemates. It's for the early F2A with the 19 & 92 Sqdn. options, but the Starter Kit that I've got only has decals for a 92 Sqdn. aircraft. No problem, the stencils and stuff wil be the same of course, won't they...............?

Oh no they're won't.  :banghead:

The decal item nos. on the older sheet bear no relation to the ones on the starter sheet which begs the question 'Why?' If they'd have left them the same they wouldn't have had to fork out for new artwork or for new instruction sheets either, just re-print the old ones.

I'm having to measure the myriad lengths of black wing boundary lines to figure out which one goes where. [Sigh]

But my newly printed fin decal fits a treat.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Having sorted out which decal goes where I then found I've lost a large chunk of the F2A's decal sheet.  :banghead:

Looked everywhere and it's vanished, sadly the only solution will be to get another F2A kit as the bits I want are yellow on clear and there's no way I can print those properly.

Ho hum.... :(

I have got most of the port wing markings on, and many of the fuselage markings on the port side and it's starting to look like Spinners' original scheme now. The blues aren't quite as much of a miss-match as I feared either, which is good.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Off on an expedition today to track down another F2A kit, just for half the decal sheet!

I could be gone for a little while...........

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 14, 2022, 12:31:50 AM
Quote from: Pellson on September 13, 2022, 01:32:01 PM
Quote from: Gondor on September 13, 2022, 09:52:34 AMLooking good Kit  :thumbsup:
[/quot
Quote from: Gondor on September 13, 2022, 09:52:34 AMLooking good Kit  :thumbsup:

Blast! I was going to write that!  ;D

Umm? .... +1 :thumbsup:  (I think? :unsure: )

Well - I HAD written it, but upon pressing "post", I got that warning about "new post while you were writing "..  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on September 14, 2022, 01:13:45 PMWell - I HAD written it, but upon pressing "post", I got that warning about "new post while you were writing "..  ;D

Pipped at the post as it were  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

The Airfix Lightning kit seems to be extinct locally. :(

I had hoped to finish this build by the time I went home on Monday, but that's impossible now. I'll do the rest of the decals and get the gear on but the missing decals will have to wait till I get home and use the ones off the kits I've got there.

Regards
Kit