Firestreak Hunter

Started by Gondor, July 02, 2022, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Continuing on from the previous post there is now progress

Not all the etch has been added to the intrument panel and I need to remove some of the panel still as I didn't know how much had to be cut away simply from Eduards instructions, it will be easier once all the etch is in place though.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

A little more detail work done on the pit which is nearly finished.

I decided not to replace the rudder pedals with the Eduard etch, a bit too fiddly for my liking and they are deep in the cockpit as well so not much point either. A dry brushing of Duralium suffices instead and saves trying to give them a wash when painted black in the first instance.

More to do and lots of it as well.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 25, 2022, 06:13:08 AM
Nice cockpit work

Thanks, although most of the credit goes to the Eduard zoom set.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on July 25, 2022, 06:40:12 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 25, 2022, 06:13:08 AM
Nice cockpit work

Thanks, although most of the credit goes to the Eduard zoom set.

Gondor

You've still got to fit it properly  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

That's 72nd?!
Mine looks nowhere near as good.  Well done.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on July 26, 2022, 03:57:14 AM
That's 72nd?!
Mine looks nowhere near as good.  Well done.

Ummm yes

I have yet to do any detailed work on the ejector set yet. The fact it was a little short shot is actually going to help........ I think  :-\

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Replace it with an Aeroclub MB. mk 3 if you can.  EJ008 I think.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

It will be fine Lee after I put the etch on it.

Gondor

Gondor

As mentioned earlier, part of the seat was a little short shot. not a problem though.

Here are the main parts of the seat before painting. You can just make out the darker grey plastic near the top of the main part of the seat. That is the part that was missing from the seat cushions higher up in the picture, the part with the sprue going upwards in the picture. This also shows the odd ways that us modellers use to hold parts when painting them, in this case using one and a half clothes pegs, while the glue dries between the parts and the sprue handles.

Gondor

Gondor

And this is the parts with a basic coat of paint

What was the darker grey replacement part is now the green head cussion on the black seat.

Gondor

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Time I updated this thread seeing that some progress has been made.

First a few pictures of the cockpit

I have since these were taken glued the cockpit into one of the fuselage half's in preperation for my adding some weight around the cockpit area to keep the nose on the ground.

So you may remember what the seat looked like befor all the brass was added, maybe not so here is a refresher

Then with the straps etc added

Looks nice dosen't it, but then I decided to add an ink wash, my first time trying this technique, et voila..

More to come later

Gondor

Rheged

Martin and Baker ought to be delighted to see their rocket propelled easy chair so magnificently rendered
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2