A Shocking Italian!

Started by Gondor, July 02, 2022, 02:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

This is going to be a simple and straight forward build of an Airfix F.6 Lightning, put into Italian markings with the addition of under wing pylons as per the Mk.53 versions.

The kit is from the stash of Airfix Lightnings, to the left of where I sit at the computer. This kit was not allocated to any project although I had thought of this as a possible build anyway so with the Group Build it's the ideal time to do so.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

The proposal for Italian Lightnings was from 1965, which may predate the Saudi "Magic Carpet" deal and additional lethality.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 02, 2022, 03:27:53 PM
The proposal for Italian Lightnings was from 1965, which may predate the Saudi "Magic Carpet" deal and additional lethality.

I can always say it was a mid life upgrade for outer pylons otherwise it's just a straight build.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

McColm

You mean a ground attack version?

Gondor

Other than a couple of parts being glued together nothing has been done with this as I was waiting for an eduard zoom set to arrive which it now has. Next thing will be getting time as the cat is being a bit clingy after being missing for ten weeks.

Gondor

kerick

The cat was missing for ten weeks? And it came home again? Or was it you who was missing?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Quote from: kerick on August 02, 2022, 02:19:58 PM
The cat was missing for ten weeks? And it came home again? Or was it you who was missing?

The Cat, who was living up to his name of Spot, as in "Spot the cat" only I couldn't for ten weeks as he wasn't around. Now it's "Spot the cat" so I don't trip over him especially if I go into the kitchen as that is where his treats are and he thinks that every time I go in there he should get treats even if I am making a cuppa.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on August 02, 2022, 02:19:58 PM

I've known/heard of cats who had two or three "owners", or people who thought they were the owner. Although 10 weeks is a fair old time. 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Well, we could go with the old saw that "Cats don't have owners, they have staff!" ;D ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Taken a while ago but you can see why he is difficult to Spot

Gondor

loupgarou

Yes, you should really change the flooring... ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Gondor

Quote from: loupgarou on August 03, 2022, 10:55:08 AM
Yes, you should really change the flooring... ;D

In the picture he was laying on the path outside my door, but you get the idea. Almost as bad on the Dark Green carpet in the hall too  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Pellson

Spray him dayglo. I know you have the paint as well as the air gun already..   ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

The Ex jokingly wanted to paint a while stripe down his back  :rolleyes:

Gondor