A Shocking Italian!

Started by Gondor, July 02, 2022, 02:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Quote from: Gondor on July 03, 2022, 01:34:38 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 02, 2022, 03:27:53 PM
The proposal for Italian Lightnings was from 1965, which may predate the Saudi "Magic Carpet" deal and additional lethality.

I can always say it was a mid life upgrade for outer pylons otherwise it's just a straight build.

Gondor

Your on safe ground.  The proposal included a variety of options including the wing pylons.  It looks quite like the Saudi and Kuwaiti Lightning's.  There's a weapons diagram in the Lightning Genesis & Projects bookazine.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Got as far as takeing the Eduard Zoom set out of the packageing and sorting out which paint I am going to use for the interior, rest of the time has been catching up on Britmodeller and YouTube video's as well as looking after the cat.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Decided that I better be productive rather than saying that I will get it done later. The kit itself as most people on the forum will know is a simple and streightforward build, you just need to do some parts first such as the cockpit.

As you probably know by now, I am rather enjoying my photo etch, at least now that I can see what I am doing ;D Not sure that I like the self-adhesive versions of the etch though.
It's looking alright as you can see, there is some fiddly bits to add inside the pit and a lot more to go onto the combing which I am definatly leaving untill later when I am much nearer fitting that in place.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Mossie

What don't you like about self adhesive PE? I've not used it myself yet, is the glue not very forgiving?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Quote from: Mossie on August 21, 2022, 03:06:46 PMWhat don't you like about self adhesive PE? I've not used it myself yet, is the glue not very forgiving?

The fact that it is instantly adhesive. I use "Formula 60" canopy glue which because it's a liquid alows me to move the part to aligne it properly, the self adhesive etch does not so you have to be careful in your handling and placement of each part.

Gondor

NARSES2

For a lot of etch I use Johnson's Klear. As long as you are dealing with a flat surface it's remarkably effective. Although various issues mean I'm not using much of it nowadays  :-\

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Painting and prep of parts tonight. Hope to have the cockpit finished tomorrow and to actually start on the bang seat further than haveing glued the two parts together.

Gondor

jcf

EE Fulmine of the Aeronautica Militare.
:thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on August 22, 2022, 01:38:37 PMPainting and prep of parts tonight. Hope to have the cockpit finished tomorrow and to actually start on the bang seat further than haveing glued the two parts together.

In hindsight that was a bit optimistic as I have only just now achieved 90+% of that as there are a couple of parts to go into the cockpit tub

Like the Hunter's Bang seat, the cushions are seperate from the frame of the seat which makes fitting the belts fairly easy as far as I am concerned.

The exhausts are fitted to one fuselage side and the intake assembly is ready for the finished cockpit which it isn't or I would be looking at closeing up the fuselage but obviously that will have to wait.

Gondor

Old Wombat

Looking like its coming along nicely. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 27, 2022, 01:25:41 PMLooking like its coming along nicely. :thumbsup:

So far so good. I nearly lost one of the rudder pedals which have two thin straps, one which goes over the foot and the other that goes under the part the foot rests on. I was maneuvering the part in my fingers so I could fold the part under the foot rest when it dissappeared and I heard a faint ping.  :banghead:
I eventually found the part as you can see two rudder pedals in the picture, so far that is the worst that has happened and I hope it is the only one as well.

Gondor

buzzbomb

Coming along very nicely I would say.

Very interested in the scheme you choose.  A few years back myself and a couple of my club buddies did a "challenge" of the 1/72 Airfix Lightning in a What if scheme, one of the crew picked an Italian scheme

The other choices were Finnish, Swedish, Indian and Lebanon.

zenrat

I remember seeing tham at Expo.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.