Flatning!

Started by kitbasher, July 03, 2022, 12:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on August 21, 2022, 06:03:38 AM......and there's only five weeks left to the end of the GB. 

Might be...................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Minimal progress other than more putty slapping onto the fuselage.  Concerted effort with sanding into shape to follow ahead of the wings, fin and tailplanes being added.  Nothing that a three-week GB extension couldn't sort out!  :angel:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

The rear fuselage is together on mine, although the exhausts are a bit off. Part of me wants to rework it, but the resin bit is very secure in place so I may just leave it. The front end needs more work.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Brainf@rt/Senior Moment time.  I know I put the part build somewhere safe earlier this year but can I remember where?  Can I hell! 

Looked in all the logical places, so it must be somewhere illogical.

Will keep looking - even at the risk of turning into Captain Ahab.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I don't know where the front end of mine has gone...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Go off and do something completely contrary and it will almost immediately come to mind, probably at a totally inappropriate moment  ;)

Welcome to the Old Farts Society of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 18, 2024, 05:49:00 AMI don't know where the front end of mine has gone...

Callow yoofs like what you are have no excuse!!

kitbasher

Found it.  Not too far away from where it had been previously sitting.  In a draw in a clear plastic tub - not a box as I'd previously convinced myself it was in.

In fact I'd looked in the draw at least twice before - I'd even looked at the 8100dy container it's in bt hadn't seen it.  Aaaargh!

But it's found and will go somewhere safe - and the location recorded.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on May 20, 2024, 05:52:38 AM- and the location recorded.

Better make a note somewhere, where that is  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I had the same issue with the Magna MB3 - I knew it was in a black Heller box, presumably Spitfire 16 as I have many and consequently overlooked the Mistral box it was actually lurking in.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 20, 2024, 06:08:50 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on May 20, 2024, 05:52:38 AM- and the location recorded.

Better make a note somewhere, where that is  :angel:

Have knotted my hanky

PR19_Kit

But then you'll lose the hanky. Or forget to transfer the knot to the next day's hanky.

Don't ask me how I know this....................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kerick

Make a note about the note, noting where the note is..... :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 21, 2024, 01:48:00 AMBut then you'll lose the hanky. Or forget to transfer the knot to the next day's hanky.

Don't ask me how I know this....................

You have a fresh hank everyday  :o ? Plutocrat  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 21, 2024, 06:24:43 AMYou have a fresh hank everyday  :o ? Plutocrat  ;)

I certainly do, some even have the day of the week embroidered on them.  ;D

Regards
Kit