Valmet Peitsi & Kalpa - Finished for Now - Pic's

Started by Old Wombat, July 07, 2022, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

I take it Guy your using the wings ( not lengthened  ;D) from the F86 so thats the read landing gear sorted and im pretty sure you could use the nose gear too..maybe a wee PSR needed but id say more than possible.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 09, 2022, 09:16:46 AM
Thanks for the advice, Fred! :thumbsup:

I've noticed that there's an entire centrifugal compressor turbojet engine which I'm probably better off not fitting, too. ;)

However, I may have to scratch up some ducting for inside the intakes of both aircraft to improve the look.

Indeedy.  Perfect for fitting into something unsuitable...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2022, 05:38:55 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 09, 2022, 09:16:46 AM
Thanks for the advice, Fred! :thumbsup:

I've noticed that there's an entire centrifugal compressor turbojet engine which I'm probably better off not fitting, too. ;)

However, I may have to scratch up some ducting for inside the intakes of both aircraft to improve the look.

Indeedy.  Perfect for fitting into something unsuitable...

Like a Beetle
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I was thinking like a DH2.  But now you mention it...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Ri-ight ..... A bit slow on the pic's here. :rolleyes:

However, I excuse myself by saying that, so far, most of you should be vaguely familiar with the general cut-&-shunt work that has been going on.

Hopefully, within the next day or two (COVID & wife permitting), I should be able to give you the base fuselage assemblies .....

Hopefully. :angel:

[Teaser: I have taped the parts together & I've come to the surprising conclusion that the incredible attractiveness of the F-86 generally over-rides the incredible ugliness of the La-200B! :o]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

The La-200B is one of those planes where no matter what you do with it ..its still ugly as sin but this now raises a question..what would it look with a F-86 nose on it hmmmm?   :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup:

Wardukw

zenrat

The ugly part of the Lavochkin is the nose.  The cockpit canopy isn't pretty but it's not ugly and the rest of the plane is just big boned.
Earlier La-200 didn't look too bad IMO.

It was just fitting the huge new radar that made it look like Milhouse.
Fred

NARSES2

I can see a honking great contra-prop on the front of that
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I was thinking today about just how noisy that cockpit must have been; with a whopping great centrifugal turbine roaring away just in front of it, throwing hot exhaust gasses out through the pipe just under it.

Even military jets with the engine(s) behind the cockpit, including modern military jets, are noisy enough; in the La-200 cockpit it must have been deafening! :o

Old Wombat

Photo's tomorrow ... later today, after I get some sleep! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

As promised - WiP photo's;

F-86NJ (Nose Job):

From the front it still has that Mil(l)house vibe ... with mumps ... but overall I think she looks pretty good. ;D

La-200NJ (Nose Job):

Overall, much nicer looking! :thumbsup:

However, the shorter nose will require a change to the power plants in the backstory.

Hope this satisfies those who are curious.

Cheers! :cheers:

Guy

Wardukw

Yup ..satisfied mate  ;D
The strange thing is this ..the F-86 donesnt look bad at all ..it like they fitted it a custom recon nose complete with a radar and the La-200 looks like they crashed it into a wall but still again ..it looks pretty damn cool mate .
Its bloody amazing how you take one fugly plane and one good looking plane..slice and dice and ya end up with two very cool looking planes  :lol:

PR19_Kit

I like the ramjets under the wing tips..............  ;D

And that has to be the cleanest cutting mat in the whole world!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit