Valmet Peitsi & Kalpa - Finished for Now - Pic's

Started by Old Wombat, July 07, 2022, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Last night I got about half the re-scribing of the panel lines on the La-200 done, looks like I may be the Phantom Trench Digger. :o

Try to get the rest done tonight. :-\

Will do a bit of re-scribing on the F-86, but not too much, as it will be in a camo scheme while the La-200 is going to be shiny. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Im going to buy some saw blades i ..super fine with a huge amount of teeth ..there from a company called  MK resin kits and the reason im getting them...scribing lines  ;D
Im looking forward to seeing this Guy..i do enjoy the strange but i think you know that  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 29, 2022, 01:11:48 AM
Im going to buy some saw blades i ..super fine with a huge amount of teeth ..there from a company called  MK resin kits and the reason im getting them...scribing lines  ;D

I've got some of those blades, very good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I think you'll find it's CMK Resin Kits, as I have them too, & the panel lines are a blend of #11 hobby blade, CMK razor saw & small triangle-faced chisel (the scribing tool wasn't quite right for this job).

Actually, apart from a few around the nose area, the re-scribing hasn't been too bad but the final judgement will come when she's painted. ;)

Wardukw

Well Chris says there good then im in  ;D
And yup Guy its CMK but i didnt know that cause of the way they printed in on the blade the buggers  :lol:
I will be getting these from a Aussie site called hobbytools.com...they also have the handle which i will need .
Now i dont know if the price is expensive or its around the norm..its $30.00 Aus for the blades .pack of 5 and the handle is $20.00 Aus.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 29, 2022, 12:25:17 PM
Well Chris says there good then im in  ;D
And yup Guy its CMK but i didnt know that cause of the way they printed in on the blade the buggers  :lol:
I will be getting these from a Aussie site called hobbytools.com...they also have the handle which i will need .
Now i dont know if the price is expensive or its around the norm..its $30.00 Aus for the blades .pack of 5 and the handle is $20.00 Aus.

Hobbytools Australia in Braeside?  I thoroughly recommend him.  My go to for hobby tools.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

CMK, that's them  :thumbsup: Must admit I quite often don't use the handle.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Fred that could be the gents and I'll admit i dont like their website...the reason is ..so many cool and usable goodies and i want them all right now  ;D
I am pretty sure one visit there will not be enough  :thumbsup:
Chris these days i have found that if i hold something very thin for a little while i get pain in my fingers and i cant even make a tight fist anymore with either hand..
I cant hold the Sawn Norton knife handles very well at all anymore so ill get the saw handle for those gotta use it moments  ;D

Old Wombat

I use the handle all the time. It does limit how deep you can cut but it, also, limits how often you slice your fingers open to the bone (Don't ask! :rolleyes: Those blades are thin & sharp. :o).

They seem to be a very high carbon steel, because they hold their cutting edge very well but they're not very flexible & have a tendency to crack or shatter if bent/twisted more than a tiny amount.

Wardukw

Oh ill cut myself for sure mate ..you can put money on that ..you should see my hands now  :lol:
Them being brittle is strange you mentioned that cause only today i was watching a dude i watch on YouTube called Nightshift and im trying to get better at modelling welds and hes very good at it..well he was showing the tools he uses and one of them is this saw which was broken in 2 places..exactly the same as armour on tanks..the metal snapped instead of bent .
Ill use these alot as with the amount of styrene i use these should cut very clean .

zenrat

I have a gouge in one of the lenses of my reading glasses because an exacto knife chisel blade snapped rather than bent.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Thats ya problem Fred..ive snapped that exacto crap myself ..so now i only use proedge blades and handles and i bent the chisel bit and yep ive snapped the blades but it makes no difference who makes those ..they all snap .
Luckly ive never been cut with a snapped blade ..i use brand new blades for that..my poor left thumb  :lol: 

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 30, 2022, 11:08:39 PM
Oh ill cut myself for sure mate ..you can put money on that ..you should see my hands now  :lol:
Them being brittle is strange you mentioned that cause only today i was watching a dude i watch on YouTube called Nightshift and im trying to get better at modelling welds and hes very good at it..well he was showing the tools he uses and one of them is this saw which was broken in 2 places..exactly the same as armour on tanks..the metal snapped instead of bent .
Ill use these alot as with the amount of styrene i use these should cut very clean .

If your modelling tanks one of those blades if snapped the right length would provide just enough teeth to help makeing zimmermitt

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Alastair mate im a tank modeller for decades ..fact longer building armour thsn anything else and yup your right about that but still couldnt get zimmermitt to look right so i brought the right tools for the job .
Thankfully trumpeter makes a cheap set of zimmermitt tools and there easy to use and give great results    ;D

Old Wombat

I get around the zimmerit issue by, quite simply, not building much in the way of German WW2 armour in the first place &, when I do, just not doing zimmerit.

The Germans didn't use it for all that long, anyway, before dumping it as a good idea that didn't work in the field; partially because the Germans were the only combatants using the magnetic AT mines it was meant to defend against, partially because there was a belief (incorrect) that it could catch fire if hit by a shell & partially because it could be stripped off by machine-gun fire rendering it less effective.

It only really served to put extra mass onto tanks generally already struggling with power & transmission issues.