Valmet Peitsi & Kalpa - Finished for Now - Pic's

Started by Old Wombat, July 07, 2022, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Just started tonight.

Finally got around to clearing my workspace enough to be able to do something a little different.

Title says it all, really; I'm just swapping the nose sections between an Italeri 1/48 F-86E Sabre & the A&A Models 1/72 La-200B

I've got the noses pretty-well done, except for packing gaps & PSR, but I'll do that once they're fitted. In the meantime I have the cockpits to do & to get the fuselages together, which is probably not as easy as it seems as the La-200B is a short-run kit with NO locating lugs, while the locating lugs on the F-86E are so SMALL & FRAGILE that I've already broken half of them off.

Pic's when I get around to them.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

loupgarou

That nose isthe mostest horriblest in the world.  :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 07, 2022, 11:23:59 AM

I'm just swapping the nose sections

Famous last words. I bet you use a LOT of packing and filler.  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

This is cool...take a rather attractive plane and turn it into a very ugly one..yup i do like this  ;D
Hell i did it to the Devastator  :lol:
Weird..wonderful..strange or just butt nut crazy..all these things have been done in the world of aircraft ..this one will be one too  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

It's kinda like taking Marilyn Munroe's nose & transplanting it onto Jimmy Durante's face, whilst simultaneously transplanting Jimmy's nose onto Marilyn's face. :wacko:

Quote from: Gondor on July 07, 2022, 01:28:11 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 07, 2022, 11:23:59 AM
I'm just swapping the nose sections

Famous last words. I bet you use a LOT of packing and filler.  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Having taped the parts together to check, there will certainly be a fair amount of packing & PSR but not as much as I had thought might be the case; so, I'm ahead there! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Interesting idea, looking forward to seeing what comes out from it  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 07, 2022, 11:34:19 PM
It's kinda like taking Marilyn Munroe's nose & transplanting it onto Jimmy Durante's face, whilst simultaneously transplanting Jimmy's nose onto Marilyn's face. :wacko:

Sacrilege  ;D

Quote from: loupgarou on July 07, 2022, 12:46:15 PM
That nose isthe mostest horriblest in the world.  :o

But it gives the aircraft some character, almost facial features. A pair of eyes and it could feature in a Pixar production  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Old Wombat

Strangely, it's my opinion that counts on wing length & I'm quite happy to leave the wings as they are, thanks. :rolleyes: ;)

Old Wombat

Weirdly, there are almost as many parts per seat (in 1/72) in the La-200B as there are in the entire cockpit (in 1/48) in the F-86E! :blink:

zenrat

If you leave out a lot of the interior trunking in the La200b then it will be easier to get the cockpit to sit where it should be.
You can leave the seats out until the end of the build.
The main undercarriage legs are best fitted into the undercarriage bays as they are installed into the fuselage halves.  I thought I could fit the legs at the end.  I was wrong.
However, the legs are made in far too many parts and are weak as f**k.  As its a whiff you might wish to consider replacing them.
Good luck.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Thanks for the advice, Fred! :thumbsup:

I've noticed that there's an entire centrifugal compressor turbojet engine which I'm probably better off not fitting, too. ;)

However, I may have to scratch up some ducting for inside the intakes of both aircraft to improve the look.