The (almost predictable...) Hunter PR16

Started by PR19_Kit, July 07, 2022, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 09, 2022, 02:25:23 PM
It doesn't actually need any. The entire front end is pretty much solid resin, and the CG is about level with the leading edge of the wing.

Result!  :thumbsup:

Just checking before it got any further  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

There's enough space just behind the rear seat if it did need any, but I checked with a 'tape-up' some while back.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

Great to see this progressing Kit, and thank you for the kind words on the instructions and fit. Look forward to seeing this one moving along the production line.

Colin

PR19_Kit

The PR16's wings are, of necessity, butt jointed to the fuselage (there's no thickness left for a spar of any kind) so it needs a jig to ensure it stays in alignment as the glue dries. Sadly I'm 120 miles away from my jig for that stuff so anything handy has been called into service, in this case a convenient sideboard.  ;D

The other wing's finished and ready to be glued on when the port one is dry. All that's left on the starboard side is the little filler panel that I have to scratch up after moving the wheel wells forward.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

For the position, asymmetry is confirmed very good! ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Its amazing what we can use as jigs at times  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

And what are you going to use as a jig for the starboard wing, Kit? The sideboard's going to be a bit awkward with the port wing attached to the fuselage. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

See below.  ;)

And now the 'wing jig' is in use again to support the OTHER wing.  ;D

It's a veritable styrene jigsaw underneath where the main gear bays are set into the U-2 wing undersides! Pics of that when it's dried off.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

The overall silhouette is pretty elegant, so... you are forgiven to have broken asymmetry, all right ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Surprised the starboard wing hasn't fallen off - not a lot of support there. :unsure:

PR19_Kit

The landing gear bay is 'plugged' into what's left of the Hunter's wing root. It's not an interference fit, but it's enough to maintain the wing's position while the glue goes off.

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Dizzyfugu

Nice! Calls for PRU Blue, somehow...  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 13, 2022, 07:54:00 AM

Nice! Calls for PRU Blue, somehow...  :lol:

Funny you should say that............  ;D

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

It's all glued up in one piece now. I'll need to fill in a few gaps with styrene strips and then there'll be the inevitable PSR of course, but it's looking like the shape I had in mind.

Regards
Kit