The (almost predictable...) Hunter PR16

Started by PR19_Kit, July 07, 2022, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 19, 2022, 03:39:51 AM
This is Kit, Alastair, he'd add longer wings to a 'fridge if he wanted to! ;D ;D

Now there's an idea for a GB...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on July 19, 2022, 03:56:01 AM

One of these days, Kit is going to flabbergast us all with an experimental "lifting body" airframe with NO WINGS AT ALL

I've done that already. The BAe STAND.

Complete build and backstory here :- https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=45629.msg819319#msg819319

Incidentally, Kit, do either of us have the slightest what is in the "electronics bay" that called for an offset canopy and the cooling port you so considerately provided for it.............or will you produce another  inspired piece of  impenetrable technobabble that sounds magnificent and confuses everyone?

Of COURSE!  :o

While the Hunter PR16 used the same nose profile as that of  the FR10 for production reasons, and even with no guns fitted at all, there wasn't enough room in the nose for the 36" lens of the 'Type B cameras' carried by the U-2s and Meteor PR19s. Accordingly Perkins-Elmer developed a 'Type B-2 camera' using folded and split optics. The images from the 'Type B-2s" needed to be identified very accurately in order that they could be re-configured once the product had been returned to base, and the electronics provided an extremely accurate database of frame nos. and geographic locations so this could happen.

OK?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Incidentally, Kit, do either of us have the slightest what is in the "electronics bay" that called for an offset canopy and the cooling port you so considerately provided for it.............or will you produce another  inspired piece of  impenetrable technobabble that sounds magnificent and confuses everyone?

Nothing as complicated, it's where the ground crew keep their orange drinks, remember those triangular carton things from the 60's, Jublies ? Returns from a mission and they are suitably frozen.  ;) ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Tetrapaks!  :rolleyes:

They were one of my customers in Copenhagen. ALL the drinks in their canteen came in Tetrapaks, even the coffee!  :o

I think on the FR10s they carried their drinks in the luggage pods, I may stick a couple of them under the wings.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 19, 2022, 05:54:00 AM

That's them, but we called the frozen orange ones Jublies. Only problem was that the juice used to separate from the water content a bit and congregate in one corner.  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Now it's all over IR Green and Kleared within an inch of its life.

Now it's decal time.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 19, 2022, 05:56:16 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 19, 2022, 05:54:00 AM

That's them, but we called the frozen orange ones Jublies. Only problem was that the juice used to separate from the water content a bit and congregate in one corner.  ;D

Chris        Yes indeed, I remember the Jubblie.    If you chose the correct corner to cut and  suck out the frozen liquid, you got a concentrated belt of orange...............otherwise an underwhelming experience.

Well done Kit, I knew that you'd have some  suitably inspired, appropriately  phrased  technobabble prepared.......................and I'd totally forgotten the STAND.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

AeroplaneDriver

Kit, that looks lovely!!  I also went with IR Green for mine...maybe there is something about it that just looks Gordon a Hunter.  Really looks just right with the extended wing though. 

Also I remember Jubblies or something very similar in the 70s. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 19, 2022, 02:59:10 PM
Now it's all over IR Green and Kleared within an inch of its life.

Now it's decal time.  ;D

This looks really great! Nice work!
Makes me think of my T-38 with U-2 wings idea. A poor man's recon platform with the back seater using a Polaroid camera and a sketch pad.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on July 19, 2022, 10:52:40 PM

Makes me think of my T-38 with U-2 wings idea. A poor man's recon platform with the back seater using a Polaroid camera and a sketch pad.

I like the sound of that, a T-38's quite qa bit shorter than a Hunter so the wings would look REALLY long!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on July 19, 2022, 03:10:56 PM

Chris        Yes indeed, I remember the Jubblie.    If you chose the correct corner to cut and  suck out the frozen liquid, you got a concentrated belt of orange...............otherwise an underwhelming experience.

Yup, but once you'd sucked the orange to within an inch of its life you could lob it at someone/something  :angel:

Old Wombat

I sometimes get the impression that the young Mr Edwards was, occasionally, something of a larrikin. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Freightdog862

Great progress Kit. If anyone else is interested the Tandem FR Hunter set is on my website now.

Thanks,

Colin

PR19_Kit

Glad you like it Colin, I've had the idea in my head for some years now and your 'bundle' of the tandem 2-seater and the FR nose was JUST what I needed.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 20, 2022, 07:53:21 AM
I sometimes get the impression that the young Mr Edwards was, occasionally, something of a larrikin. ;)

Weren't we all?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet