CAC CA-27 Hunter. Finished Pics Pg.4

Started by zenrat, July 10, 2022, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

The beginning;

Hawker Hunter The Start by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

An overlarge box considering the number of sprues.  But at least it is top opening.
While examining the transfers I got the urge to use this scheme on a Hurricane.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

That is a big box.

Are you happy with the Vallejo Model Air I see on your bench?  I have switched to it and am happy so far- goes on nicely, no mixing and clean-up is a snap with distilled water.  I panicked when Model masters stopped producing, but think I will stay with water-based.   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

I am more than happy with Vallejo acrylics.
I use tap water to clean up followed by a blast of GP thinners through the airbrush to get any stubborn stains out.

When I started using them some of their colour matches seemed a bit off but I think they realised this as over time they have "adjusted" things.  I've seen no announcements rfom them but numbers and/or names and/or descriptions have changed on some colours I use.
This doesn't bother me from a JMN/rivet counter/"accuracy" PoV but it can be annoying when I want to match a paint I have been using on a series of builds and they  change it on me.
Although Kit's second rule can always be applied.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2022, 06:00:18 AM

I think that Kit's second rule has dug all of us out of sundry elephant traps at one time!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on July 10, 2022, 06:10:24 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2022, 06:00:18 AM

I think that Kit's second rule has dug all of us out of sundry elephant traps at one time!

;D

That's WHY it's a rule.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Dug out a pilot figure today from the appropriate parts box.  Shaved belts from the seat cushion.  Sanded all raised detail from the IPs in preparation for the transfers.  Painted cockpit and insides of fuselage halves.
Drilled out all holes moulded into wings for weapons pylons.  Dug out Hasegawa weapons set to provide ordinance.

Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'm in two minds about the user.
RAAF interceptor or shore based RAN FAA with anti-ship missiles?
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 22, 2022, 05:54:13 AM

That would be my choice  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 22, 2022, 06:04:12 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 22, 2022, 05:54:13 AM

That would be my choice  :thumbsup:

Agreed!! 

On another note, I really hope Revell reissue this kit.  This GB alone is reducing the worldwide stash by a significant amount!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Cockpit needed another coat of paint.
While that dries i glued together the jet pipe part and the wings.  I can appreciate why they have separate tips and leading edges but it introduces unwanted fussiness i could have done without.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Did they really HAVE to do that to get the shape correct? I don't think so.

Perhaps their marketing team (everyone has a 'team' these days, don't they?) have their heads back in the 60s where parts count was what REALLY sold plastic kits?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Cockpit painted and assembled between fuselage halves.
Piol figure has had a "Bader" to get him to fit.
Fred

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2022, 06:57:46 AM
Did they really HAVE to do that to get the shape correct? I don't think so.

Perhaps their marketing team (everyone has a 'team' these days, don't they?) have their heads back in the 60s where parts count was what REALLY sold plastic kits?

My guess is they left the option open to make an earlier F.4 kit with the straight wing with minimal changes to the molds. 

That was my presumption.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....