1/35 Aerosani Vertolet (Aerosan helicopter)

Started by frank2056, July 19, 2022, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

Thanks guys! I think I'm done. It was 95F/35C on the patio - and breezy - so I took the pictures quickly before the blades windmilled off the model or it (or my feet) melted to the floor

Our bored French friend with the NKL-6 Aerosani Vertolet:

The landing gear gives it a bit of height, but I like the look:

Barely visible are spare fuel and oil cans in the rear bin:

Joined by the slightly wobbly inspector, who seems to have lost his book. Too much vodka:

"I'll be fine. Just inspecting the nose gear":

Wardukw

Superb Frank..if i had the space id have a heap of choppers but i dont so i cant which is fine cause i have the wonderful creations on here .
Right from the get go this was right..love it matey  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:   :wub:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Thanks for all the comments! Phill - I don't have that much room to display large scale helicopters, so two bladed (even if they're doubled...) choppers for me! I just put the blades forward and it fits nicely in the display case.

Wardukw

Yeah thats a smart move mate ..me on the other have a problem..i like big choppers..CH47..CH53 and so on and so forth and of course favours i would not be doing myself so ill have to stick to planes i guess.
Even tho i do have a 35th scale AH1 Zulu Cobra which im trying to find seat belts for as there are none at all in the model..bloody annoying.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I have one built 1/35 chopper - a Dragon Huey - but a few 1/72 are in the cases and there are more in the stash.
I build them so the rotors are removable so I can stand them all up together at the back of the cabinet or put them in a drawer.
Of course there is the risk of inadvertent whiffs if I get them mixed up.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

So far Fred ive done 5 35th scale choppers so far.
A Academy UH1 and the longer Dargon UH1
A Trumpeter Ch47 and Mil 8 ..for a mate
And the truely massive Revell Bell47  ;D
The Academy UH1 is the one for the Heli transporter build which ill finish ..i promise  ;D

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Another brilliant aerosan helicopter, Frank! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

frank2056

Thanks everyone. Both were tough builds but ultimately gave satisfying results.