1/35 Aerosani Vertolet (Aerosan helicopter)

Started by frank2056, July 19, 2022, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Thats some pretty damn serious dedication to this build Frank and the results were well worth it..damn nice work mate  :thumbsup:
The placement of things is a real pain aint it and like you they might be wiffies but i still base my builds around some form of realism and that part is a massive PITA.
You'll get there mate  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

You are exhibiting a commitment to Whiffing which is above and beyond.  Carry on.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

frank2056

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty pleased with the way the 3D printed rotor head came out. It looks fairly close to the grainy image I used as a reference for the CAD work. Maybe I should make a Yak-EG next ("NO!" says one of the saner voices in my head. "Absolutely not!")

Wardukw

Quote from: frank2056 on August 25, 2022, 10:10:19 AMThanks, guys. I'm pretty pleased with the way the 3D printed rotor head came out. It looks fairly close to the grainy image I used as a reference for the CAD work. Maybe I should make a Yak-EG next ("NO!" says one of the saner voices in my head. "Absolutely not!")
So absolutely not!! ..is more like "yeah it will probably happen " if your head is anything like my head when it comes to wiffy building  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

frank2056

I was looking at other early helicopter designs and I found the Polish GIL BŻ-4 Żuk, which I'd never seen before yesterday. It looks familiar:

Cousin?

Here's a video (in Polish, with English subtitles) about the BZ-4:

His channel has other interesting aircraft, including a jet powered AN-2

NARSES2

Second cousin perhaps  ;) , but I can see where you're coming from
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Since Poland used to be a commie country and were pretty much russia i think a new design was ordered  for a new light helicopter and the BZ-4 was one design put forward and yours was the other Frank .
Two competing companies coimg up with the same ideas which havent seen each others designs has happened before with two very simlier looking aircraft.

frank2056

Almost done with this one - just need to fix some paint and weathering issues and add a mailbag and some gear.

It's hard to get the body of the helicopter and the full span of the rotors in one shot:

The rotor head transmission is a random part from what looks like an old Tamiya tank. I used some styrene to match the curve of the roof. On the main landing gear, I extended the range of the former ski struts by adding a styrene rods to the pistons and connectors. The wheels/tires are from some ancient, anonymous 1/72 aircraft kit. The nose gear is from an old 1/48 Monogram Me-262, mated to the nose ski attachment. It rides a lot higher now. The external cargo area at the end, under the engine is just some lined styrene sheet and PE mesh. I figure it could be used to hold tools, oil cans, etc. :

I may add a step since the door is a pretty far off the ground:

The instrument panel is basically the same R44 helicopter IP that I used on the KM-4 helicopter:

More pictures tomorrow in sunlight.

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

frank2056

Thanks! The Yak-EG (which I'm using as this helicopter's "spirit animal") had a tail and fin, but they found that the combination made it difficult to control.
My NKL-6 Aerosan Helicopter looks more like a larger version of the Hiller XH-44 or the Hiller X-2-235:

Wardukw

Thats looking pretty damn good so far Frank..its not going to take much more before shes finished ..its gonna look surpurb mate  :thumbsup:

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu