Martin B28½ Canberra - Finished pics Pg 7.

Started by zenrat, July 24, 2022, 04:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Any progress on this one? Still looks promising to me.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

It's had putty smeared on it and awaits sanding.
I am concentrating on getting the Hunter finished but this will be done for the GB.
Being a Mod I can of course give myself as much extension as I need... ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 02, 2022, 06:45:59 AMBeing a Mod I can of course give myself as much extension as I need... ;D

;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

At my rate of building these days I may need an extension myself.
Looking forward to your progress
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

Another round of PSR finished today.  I think it might be nearly there.
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

I just notice today the code in the title: B28½... Would it be the secret B-29 that launched the atomic bomb and won WW2? (the Boeing B-29 being a fake legend?).
Shht, this is probably top secret. Please forget this forbidden hypothesis. :unsure:  :-\
 ;D  ?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

No Tophe, it's because its a half scale B57.
Fred

kerick

Looking forward to seeing this one finished!
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Started painting today.  I'm doing it in the standard RAF grey/green camo over grey scheme from the box art and using the kit transfers (A Model, so fingers crossed).
All will be explained in the back story.
Fred

kerick

I've recently acquired an OLD Revell B-57 that would lend itself to a whole new cockpit. It's 1/72nd so a 1/48th single seat would work. Too late for me to accomplish it in time for this GB. Maybe in the future.
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on September 15, 2022, 03:52:53 AMNo Tophe, it's because its a half scale B57.
Thanks for this explanation, avoiding my assassination for having revealed a top top secret.... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on September 17, 2022, 12:04:19 PMI've recently acquired an OLD Revell B-57 that would lend itself to a whole new cockpit. It's 1/72nd so a 1/48th single seat would work. Too late for me to accomplish it in time for this GB. Maybe in the future.

The old Revell B-57 is "box scale" rather than 1/72.  IIRC it measures out at 1/80.

Having painted the under surface of the B28½ (it will need at least one more thinned coat) I have started on the upper surface with the first of two camo colours.
Fred