Martin B28½ Canberra - Finished pics Pg 7.

Started by zenrat, July 24, 2022, 04:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Progress.

Canberra WIP 20-09-22 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

She's going to be very interesting when finished. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Another coat of topside grey today.

Stock (1/144) undercarriage will be too short as they will put the intakes too close to the ground.  Having failed to grout out longer bays before I put it altogether I shall be rummaging in my bag of undercarriages and creating something pseudo telescopic.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Gondor

All you need is a hole big enough for the undercarriage leg and a small door the same size as the hole. You only then need to mark out where the other undercarriage doors are on the underside and say then only open to the the undercarriage in or out of the undercarriage bays  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on September 22, 2022, 05:48:26 AMAll you need is a hole big enough for the undercarriage leg and a small door the same size as the hole. You only then need to mark out where the other undercarriage doors are on the underside and say then only open to the the undercarriage in or out of the undercarriage bays  ;D

Gondor

Excellent thinking Gondor.  That will work perfectly.  I just have to ensure I scribe accurately.
Thank you.
Fred

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on September 22, 2022, 06:45:23 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 22, 2022, 05:48:26 AMAll you need is a hole big enough for the undercarriage leg and a small door the same size as the hole. You only then need to mark out where the other undercarriage doors are on the underside and say then only open to the the undercarriage in or out of the undercarriage bays  ;D

Gondor

Excellent thinking Gondor.  That will work perfectly.  I just have to ensure I scribe accurately.
Thank you.

Use a card cut-out of the shape you want to scribe, flip it over for the second side, nice and simple  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

zenrat

I stuck to straight lines and used Dymo tape as a guide.
Thanks again for the suggestion.

Camo paint and underside look ready for some clear now.
Fred

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on September 23, 2022, 06:40:18 AMI stuck to straight lines and used Dymo tape as a guide.
Thanks again for the suggestion.

Camo paint and underside look ready for some clear now.

Your welcome

Gondor

zenrat

Gloss clear today.
Tomorrow I shall find out if the A Model transfers want to play ball.
Fred

zenrat

Stickers are on.
Canberra WIP 27-09-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Thanks Mr P.

I think i've finally got enough weight into it.  I had to fill the fronts of the nacelles and then drill into the nose gear bay and poke heavy glue into the void behind the pilots seat.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 27, 2022, 03:29:08 AMStickers are on.

And they bring her completely to life  :thumbsup:

How did they behave ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.