Hawker Havoc

Started by kerick, August 03, 2022, 10:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Here's some pics with decals on. Still shiney but working on some flat clear.

IMG_5608

IMG_5602

IMG_5601

IMG_5600

IMG_5599

IMG_5595

Markings are completely fictitious and are from the leftovers box.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

I sprayed on some Tamiya clear flat which turned it a nice satin. Looks like at least another coat to get closer to flat. I also added an ECM pod.
Thanks for the kind words
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

CammNut

the imagination behind that is amazing and inspiring, the execution is jaw-dropping

kerick

Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Yup ..freaking cool man ..what I like to call weird and wonderful.. :thumbsup:
OH dude if ya want a totally fast clear check out Ammo's clear flat..it's extremely flat..it's all I use on my armour and aircraft..ammo does satin and gloss too.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I'll look into that. I've used only Tamiya products on this and the Mako chopper to prevent any bad reactions between products as I've had really bad luck with paint lately. I keep thinking if I had used Testors dullcoat I'd be done by now but who knows how that would have reacted with the Tamiya paint. I've used dullcoat a thousand times over enamels and never a problem but in the last couple years I never know what's going to happen. Now I'm gunshy over using paints at all. Hopefully another coat of Tamiya flat finishes it. Fingers crossed!
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I'm calling this one done too along with the chopper. First time I used a vacuformed canopy and it looks pretty good. Thanks again Gondor. As previously stated, the green color gave me fits but after gloss coat and now flat coats its much more difficult to see. All in all I think it turned out pretty good. Now for the pics.

Now I'm going to try and finish something else. Either the Seahog or the RF-23 Black Widow spy plane.
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on November 22, 2022, 09:27:13 PMit looks pretty good
it turned out pretty good
Yes I agree: this model is pretty AND good! ;D  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Weird looking and ugly..perfect in all aspects  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

That would surely be the British Warthog! Great stuff!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"