The Red Rattler (formally known as Goatsucker)

Started by zenrat, August 14, 2022, 05:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on August 16, 2022, 05:41:58 AM
Ah, but El Chupacabra saw the light, gave away the supervillain life and was reborn as The Red Rattler using his powers for good only sucking bad goats who deserved it...

Well, then...
I have to find a way to bring him over to my farm, there's a stupid goat that keeps jumping onto the feeder's tray and keeps pooping onto the rest of the food while she's eating... :banghead:  ;D ;D
You don't have a phone number, do you? Or maybe a spotlight with the Rattler's symbol on it? :rolleyes: ;D ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 16, 2022, 05:51:06 AM

Well, then...
I have to find a way to bring him over to my farm, there's a stupid goat that keeps jumping onto the feeder's tray and keeps pooping onto the rest of the food while she's eating... :banghead:  ;D ;D
You don't have a phone number, do you? Or maybe a spotlight with the Rattler's symbol on it? :rolleyes: ;D ;D

Whenever you have goats, my brother has some in the stables, there always seems to be one that wants to jump onto something whilst eating. They can be quite scary creatures especially to small children as they are very, very persistent.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

The ones I have here are the midget type, much smaller than the "normal" ones. These are all very easy to deal with and they're used to being touched by humans so they're pretty chilled.  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Mate of mines ex wife used to collect rescue animals.  At one stage they had a psycho goat which would butt anyone who went into the back yard.  Staying in the house didn't help as if you stood too close to the back door there was also a psycho goose which would stick its head through the cat flap and peck your legs.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I've had some confrontations with geese in my time, they tend to win. Even my Doberman was very wary of them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 18, 2022, 06:19:02 AM
I've had some confrontations with geese in my time, they tend to win. Even my Doberman was very wary of them.

My great grandmother's advice, given to me when she was 96 (read this next bit  in broad rural Cumbrian dialect) "just bray them with the neb of yer cap"   Translated " hit them soundly and repeatedly with your cap peak"  It seemed to work admirably with the geese on the farm where she lived!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on August 18, 2022, 06:28:44 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 18, 2022, 06:19:02 AM

My great grandmother's advice, given to me when she was 96 (read this next bit  in broad rural Cumbrian dialect) "just bray them with the neb of yer cap"   Translated " hit them soundly and repeatedly with your cap peak"  It seemed to work admirably with the geese on the farm where she lived!

Probably equates to being pecked by a bigger, meaner goose. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

Geese think they're hard, but there not.  Just walk straight at them and they loose their cool.  They swagger up, all 'you thank your hard, come on then' but call them out and they back off quick, 'only jokin' mate, just having a laugh'.

Canada geese are different though, normally chilled, but if they make their mind up to their having you.  Not to mention Swans, I nearly came off quite badly with one.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Swans are LETHAL, and they're big too.

I saw one take on quite a big dog at a Marina in Suffolk once, and the dog lost, badly!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

The males are the worst, if they set their sights on you, you shouldn't turn your back on them. Especially if they're all horny and trying to impress the ladies...  :rolleyes:
My tactic has worked well so far. When the alpha ram once tried to take me on, back at the wine estate where i used to work, i simply took the initiative and dashed at him with my arms stretched out and shouting at him:"What do you want, you bas"#%&d?"  ;D
He realized he wasn't the craziest animal in the goat pen and ran away... :rolleyes:
A good slap in the snout or kick on the butt also work... not to hurt them, of course, just enough for them to know who's in charge. Whenever i went in the pen to feed all 23 of the herd we had there, they'd try to surround me and would start getting too physical so, that's when i had to start getting a bit rough with them. Sometimes, it's the only way. :rolleyes:
I love all animals but when it comes to my safety, i'm sorry if anyone feels offended by this but, it's me first and them second so, i'm not sorry about hitting them. BTW, it's one of the reasons why herders always have a hefty wood staff with them.
Same with the geese we had back in the public park where my local skatepark was at, in my hometown. Sometimes they'd feel threatened by people when they had their small ones around and try to scare anyone who came too close but when they were just trying to act brave and stand in your way being aggressive, we'd just lunge at them and off they went, honking like they're swearing at us... ;D ;D

Wardukw

Its amazing..Fred builds a very cool car and it turns into a educational animal defense blog ..take about a massive subject change  :lol: :lol:
Strange thing is its quite a interesting read   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Thread drift at its best...  ;D

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Hahaha yeah lads i tend to agree  ;D
As for drifting ..id say 90 degrees sideways and it is funny as hell..ive never seen a thread take a turn like this one..think history has been made here boys  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..