Scale Modelworld 2022

Started by kitbasher, August 15, 2022, 02:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Just to confirm: I'm not going.  :-\

Just got back to work after long illness, health still touch-and-go and finances have taken a hit. I'm also in the middle of managing thr sale of my late auntie's house, and I'm not comfortable being unavailable for a whole weekend.

Have a good one folks! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I'll definitely be there, my local 'accomodation' (my #2 daughter's house  ;D ) has been arranged for months now.

I expect I'll have a car full of models to display, some of which may even have been built this year!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Sorry to hear your not going Geoff, but health comes first. Luckily, touching all the wood going, I'm nice and settled with my blood pressure meds.

I'll be in the Premier Inn. Booked it at the end of last years show and will book next years at the end of this years. You have to in order to get in  :-X
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Thorvic on October 30, 2022, 12:56:39 AMIPMS are saying the floor plans will be released next weekend, so less than a week before the show.

Sadley no cat sitters avaiable and a recent change in meds makes it a little risky to do the day tripping, much as i would like to, so have a great show.
As the meds are for blood pressure, it;s been a wise move to abort and not have the stress of trying to finish builds and collating kits together for the displays this autumn.

Cheers
Geoff

Take care Geoff.  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

Shame Thorvic and Weaver can't make it, but as everyone says, health comes first.  One of the builds I wanted to get done is done (yay!), one more to try and get done.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

Sorry to say , on my part anyway. I will not be  there. Too many probloems with my physical health and my mobility just make it not possible.
So have agreat time evryone, and spend lots of money! :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Sorry you won't be there Jim
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Shame you can't join us JB, we'll raise a glass in your direction.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on November 01, 2022, 08:14:40 AMShame you can't join us JB, we'll raise a glass in your direction.

I presume as a Senior Scout you will have a compass on your person ?  :angel:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 02, 2022, 01:11:57 AMI presume as a Senior Scout you will have a compass on your person ?  :angel:

We won't need one. JB's in Scotland, which is North of Telford, and North is toward the main entrance of the show. Simples.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 02, 2022, 02:32:36 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 02, 2022, 01:11:57 AMI presume as a Senior Scout you will have a compass on your person ?  :angel:

We won't need one. JB's in Scotland, which is North of Telford, and North is toward the main entrance of the show. Simples.  ;D

From inside or outside the building?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

INSIDE!! That's where the glasses will be!

Regards
Kit

Nick

You know, I actually checked that. And if we are in the same spot as last year in Hall 2 and raise our glasses towards the IPMS gate area, we are pretty much looking in the direction of Prestwick.  :thumbsup:

We could even do a live Zoom call at a suitable time and share it with Jim and all those who can't be there - but before we open the second bottle  :drink:

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2022, 09:21:35 AM

You know, I actually checked that. And if we are in the same spot as last year in Hall 2 and raise our glasses towards the IPMS gate area, we are pretty much looking in the direction of Prestwick.  :thumbsup:

We could even do a live Zoom call at a suitable time and share it with Jim and all those who can't be there - but before we open the second bottle  :drink:

You would have to turn a hair to the right for me then considering the distance. Next year I plan to be there.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2022, 09:21:35 AMWe could even do a live Zoom call at a suitable time and share it with Jim and all those who can't be there - but before we open the second bottle  :drink:

Your mobiles obviously far more capable than mine. Mind you you're probably more capable than me as well  :angel: