AH-56W Super Cheyenne

Started by Captain Canada, August 23, 2022, 06:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hi guys ! Just something that popped into my head. I think I bought this kit on a work trip to Alberta last summer. This was pretty much the plan for it, but last night the Bronco parts in my spares stash got me thinking.....
    here is progress so far. They're just sat atop right now. I've cut doe the top of the fuselage completely, and will be dressing this up before adding it.

AE7A21D7-EC3A-43CF-A9D6-76F740C9B05F by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Cheers Chris. And of course it's going to need a bigger drive propeller lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

The Bronco engines are a cool idea.  :thumbsup:

kerick

I love it! Makes me think of the Whiskey or Zulu Cobras. Got any Hellfire missiles for it?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. I should be able to wrestle up some Hellfire's. That's a great idea.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Or you could use TOW if you back date a little.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Lots of bits added ! Tonites job is to add a LERX to the stub wings. Not sure if I'll modify the rotor head and blades yet. You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Guess I could elaborate a wee bit ! The little blob on top is a rocket attachment part from a Monogram 48th scale Panther I think. The intakes are just that from an old Airfix Sea Thing. The gray bits on the rotor housing are cut out bits from a 48th scale Tamiya Skyhawk main landing gear doors, the exhaust is square styrene, the tail rotor shaft it=s just styrene tube, the bits bulking up the tail are ( top ) some piece from that atomic tanker kit ( airfix ? ) then the side parts are flap actuators housings from a revell 144 A380. The pusher prop is scratch from styrene.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Tophe the Wise

Mossie

Great idea, some nice mods there.  :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

Cool, I like it!  :thumbsup:  Will the prop blades receive some pitch?

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. I'm still shaving down the props. I want to get them 'edgy' and if I can get that without breaking them, I plan to put a wee bit of pitch in. If it doesn't seem feasible plan B is for the black paint to hide the lack thereof. 

:thumbsup: 
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I have added pitch to scratchbuilt blades in the past by putting each blade in a jig which twists it, applying steam, and then setting the twist with cold water.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..