AH-56W Super Cheyenne

Started by Captain Canada, August 23, 2022, 06:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

As they saw in the south-west Properrrrr Job  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tophe

Belated congratulations! :thumbsup:
I usually go to see new topics in Aircraft but here is outside for some reason, will this be a spacecraft? ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Just a quick pic to show I'm still working on it ! And almost done ! I thought I'd leave the whole thing unpainted until done. Something I don't usually do. Be kind of neat to see all the changes together, and hopefully the final product will meet my imaginations eye.

You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

I only wish a guy could get the proper bulged sided canopy for it. That would be such an improvement to the kit. Yours is looking great! I never thought of making a twin engine conversion like that.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

The canopy would have ended up flat, as the curved side reflected light too much on the Cobra and were changed to flat. Cheyenne would n doubt have gone the same way.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kerick

I was thinking of the canopy on the prototypes that were built. A flat pane canopy would be an interesting look. The Apache has a part curved and part flat canopy.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

That's looking so good, Captain!  :bow: 
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Will it be Army green or Marine Desert Storm camo?
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Army green. I was debating a Marines bird, but since she was an Army bird I figured I'd go that way. I put one coat of Tamiya XF-58 olive green on her and she's looking pretty mean already ! I plan on bombing her up, but I also like the way she looks already, in the clean configuration.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

I personally think helicopters look better clean.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.