Supermarine Type 545 Swiftsure F.1

Started by The Wooksta!, August 24, 2022, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Can't remember if I've posted this or not. Several photos of the Maintrack kit I finished last year.

79 (Shadow) Sqn, late 1970s, seen here at RAF Acklington in 1978 during Acklington Air Day. It appears that the aircraft was 'zapped' by the hooligans of 607 sqn.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

overscan

That's really nice. I have a soft spot for the 545.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

PR19_Kit

Oh yeah Lee, I LOVE the 545, a sort of Super Swift!

The real thing was at Cranfield when I was doing my HND, and it looked pretty good, even when it was a tad weary by then.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

What a neat looking little machine ! Great job.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Impressive! I've only seen that in books before.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Looks rather nice Lee any chance of knowing or having a picture of the load out?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Load out is similar to a Hunter FGA9.  3 row SNEB pods on the inners and CLBS carriers on the outers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

DogfighterZen

I don't think i've ever seen a pic of the real 545 but yours looks very good, Lee! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 25, 2022, 04:15:26 AMLoad out is similar to a Hunter FGA9.  3 row SNEB pods on the inners and CLBS carriers on the outers.

Never heard of a three row SNEB pod, have heard of a three row two inch rocket pod as used by the Fleet Air Arm. The RAF used the 57mm rocket which is 2.24 inches.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

TSR2 was going to get the three row SNEBs, so I just went sideways.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 25, 2022, 11:13:58 AMTSR2 was going to get the three row SNEBs, so I just went sideways.

Ah, ok

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 25, 2022, 09:20:21 AMI don't think i've ever seen a pic of the real 545 but yours looks very good, Lee! :thumbsup:

Here it is in the Systems hangar at Cranfield.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit