The Next 50 Years in Space Group Build.

Started by seadude, September 02, 2022, 04:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Actually, the thread title could have been 50, 75, 100 or more years. I wasn't sure what number to put.
Anyway.............how about the following for a possible future Group Build. ;)
It's a great time to get excited again for space. The James Webb space telescope is taking marvelous pictures of the far cosmos. And the US is preparing to launch the Artemis 1 rocket into space to go back to the moon.
So...........what if we had a group build about what space travel and exploration might be like in the next 25-100 years?
What whif designs could people come up with for:
Space telescopes
Satellites
Moon bases
Moon lunar vehicles
Mars surface vehicles
Space stations
............and so much more.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PFJN

Hi,
That sounds like a great idea for a What-If group build ;)

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Well just remember to nominate it when the time comes then. Sometime early next year, I'm not looking that far forward yet
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Artemis rockets launching a new space station.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on September 04, 2022, 08:06:26 AMArtemis rockets launching a new space station.

Now that is just too far fetched...

:-\
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I know, gotta get the first one to work first!
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

At least they are back in the Race.  Fingers crossed...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Even Apollo had the Saturn 1B before the Saturn 5. They're putting all their eggs in one basket with Artemis.
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: kerick on September 06, 2022, 08:03:23 AMEven Apollo had the Saturn 1B before the Saturn 5. They're putting all their eggs in one basket with Artemis.

Artemis is the program name not the launch vehicle.  Artemis=Apollo and SLS (Space Launch System)=Saturn.  It has different block numbers.  Artemis I will use Block I.  By Artemis IV they will be using Block 1B, and eventually Block 2. 

Nothing this ambitious goes off without a hitch.  I'd rather see Artemis I go back to the VAB to fix a leak than see three dead astronauts as Apollo I ended with. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on September 06, 2022, 08:26:48 AMNothing this ambitious goes off without a hitch.  I'd rather see Artemis I go back to the VAB to fix a leak than see three dead astronauts as Apollo I ended with. 

I was 15 then and can still remember it

Joe C-P

I have some plastic packaging I've long planned to make into a Moon or Mars base.  I'm for this!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

scooter

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on September 06, 2022, 08:26:48 AMNothing this ambitious goes off without a hitch.  I'd rather see Artemis I go back to the VAB to fix a leak than see three dead astronauts as Apollo I ended with. 

The real reason Artemis went back to the VAB:

>>LINK<<, if you don't remember the episode.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng