Old Ford pickup

Started by Wardukw, September 02, 2022, 09:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Here we ago again ,,,but this time is rather simple compered to the hill climb car and this is was im starting with ...
I have removed the tyres as they were crap and painted..
DSCF3652 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Stripped and ready for the oven cleaner ..
DSCF3653 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Its getting new wheels and tyres ,,,these ones ..F1 coming to hand these will do nicely
DSCF3654 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The new engine is a wee bit bigger than the original one ..
DSCF3655 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
This injector hat came from the impala and its off a toy and yes it was mounted to the Impalas engine ,,,terrible but it wont be when im done with it ..
DSCF3656 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
More to follow gents
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Well gents its already stripped and clean of paint..tomorrow the cutting and building begins.
Going to start with the engine building and test fitting .
Notching the chassis amd modding the front suspension to get it to sit lower..probably will build new front suspension as this has Fords cross bar suspension in it and that wont go low enough.
The rear will be 4 link with a panard rod ..this will be scratch built.
Might even put this thing on air bags .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Promising.

You'll be tubbing it then.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Tubbing for sure Fred.. those tyres are from a old Tamiya F1 car..i was given all 4 of its tyres ..no rims tho but thats cool.
The much newer F1 rims are a bit narrower so ill extend the back rims 2mm and thats that..the fronts will be cut to i think 8mm wide..maybe 10mm.

Wardukw

Well work on this truck has takin a wee turn i only just noticed.
Its two different models turned into one..the tray is from something else ..no wonder i couldnt find pics of the model.
The cab is a F150/250 Custom cab and the tray? ..no idea at all.
Now to make it look right im gonna have to continue the cabs body line threw to the tray as the body line is to thin on the cab to remove.
This will be a true custom as it turns out  ;D

Wardukw

Progress has been made with this build and its going to plan quite well ...made a few changes to the cab but the main one is the grill with i only decided on this very morning so no pics yet but thats ok as its not even on the cab yet .
This pic was takin with my soon to be replaced phone so its  alittle crap
20220909_213752 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
So was this one
20220909_213820 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now for some better pics ,,,heres the motor and its new headers .
20220909_213847 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The new rear end is getting there ,,
DSCF3660 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20220909_213908 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3678 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3674 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Pics are a wee bit backwards on the build here but heres the start of the engine install
DSCF3659 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3657 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3666 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3669 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Some might notice a little hole on the sides of the tray  ;)
DSCF3671 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3673 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3676 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The tray ...
DSCF3677 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Today more things will happen to this model but right now i have no idea what those will be ,,stay tuned  ;D

PR19_Kit

LOVE the rear wheels on the truck, and that's one SERIOUS engine too!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on September 16, 2022, 03:21:00 PM...Today more things will happen to this model but right now i have no idea what those will be ,,stay tuned  ;D

Right hand drive interior?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

Cheers Kit..if ya think that engine is big now wait till i detail it..which is gonna be a mission but i think its gonna be worth it  ;D

Ya might be on to something there Fred and it shouldnt be to much a pain ..ill look into that today ..cutting up the dash could be interesting which im kinda looking forward to  :wacko:

Wardukw

OK a small update...this thing is nearly ready for painting.
The colours are as follows ..from the body line up is going to be light  gun metal gray and the lower is going to be gloss black.
The interior is the problem ..I know gray would  work but I like to break things up there as one colour interiors drives me nuts .
A 3 tone gray and black interior might work but so would tan ..earth tones work with black and gray when done correctly  with a touch of chrome..
Black..gray with chrome high lights..so bloody undecided it's driving me to drinking excessive amounts of coffee..speaking of which. :wacko:

Old Wombat

Maroon & gold-tan leather interior. :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Madhatter

what a cool build. I admire the level of scratch building. Very well done
The body colours sound perfect. If you're thinking of 3 tone, what about black, NATO black and a light grey or even a medium to dark blue?

Wardukw

Your on the right track  hatter mate..I was thinking dark blueish gray with dirty black and light accents..the issuses are what to paint those colors.
The interior is pretty simple as you can imagine..it's just getting the paint in the right order..seat colour..dash ..door cards and so on..once I've got that plan then moving forward  should be sweet.
Oh and thanks man  ;D ..wait till you see the Engine..  :wacko:

zenrat

White with black panels in the seats and doors separated from each other by acid green piping.
Fred