A Tiger Force Hornet

Started by NARSES2, September 05, 2022, 06:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

There was a time when some different takes on the Sabrecat theme were popping up.

Doug K

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 02, 2023, 01:15:46 AMTrent, Tyne or Dart would me more suitable. Python is way too big for a Beau.

I've yet to mould the Tyne I have sitting there, but I've several Matchbox Beaufighters to apply them to.

Ohhh, I like that, I have several Matchbox Beaus that have donated their Hercules over the years...

Charlie_c67

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 01, 2023, 07:00:34 AMFirst find your M'box Tempests. I've not seen one for ages.

Mind you, we're up to our neck in Airfix, KP and SH Tempests recently!  :o

Untitled by charlie_c67, on Flickr

You mean like this one? ;)

I have another somewhere in the stash, though I have to admit the Sabre is earmarked for a rhinoplasty...when I finally get my mojo back.
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Charlie_c67

Just realised I've not done the nav lights on the wings  :unsure:
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

NARSES2

Major painting done, can start thinking about markings now  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 14, 2023, 05:53:47 AMMajor painting done, can start thinking about markings now  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some pics.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 14, 2023, 06:05:12 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 14, 2023, 05:53:47 AMMajor painting done, can start thinking about markings now  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some pics.  :thumbsup:
Same  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Paintwork completed, hopefully transfers this week.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Transfers are on, canopy masked and painted. Hopefully get her on the finishing straight next week.

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Me and my bright ideas  :banghead:

AZ would have you fit the exhausts into the nacelles at a fairly early stage in the build and from the inside. Now the fit is very loose and they easily fall through the hole. So I thought "why not blank it off and fit them from the outside later ?"

So I went to fit them this morning and found that a) I found it quite awkward to access the holes facing the fuselage, which elicited some bad language and b) they end up  protruding too far from the nacelle  :-\ . Still I can live with it and I've learnt my lesson for when I come to build the second one in the stash. Indeed I've  put a reminder note in the box.

PR19_Kit

That's just one reason why my PR5 had flame damping exhausts Chris, I tried exactly the same thing as you did, with the same results!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit