A Tiger Force Hornet

Started by NARSES2, September 05, 2022, 06:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 30, 2023, 07:17:58 AMManaged to get the pictures done a bit quicker than I thought. No backstory, far to knackered for that process.

Here we have a DH Hornet of No 43 Sqd serving with Tiger Force in January 1946

AZ Kit, not a bad build albeit a little fiddly in places. Finished with various transfers from the spares box and mainly Xtracrylic and Humbrol shades.
Would I build another ? Yes after a short break.

Tiger Force. I was surprised to see how small the Hornet was when compared to the Tempest II

I love these, the Hornet is one of my favourites!

Wardukw

Doug because of Chris's build ive now got 2 of em..am I unhappy about this??
Nope  ;D  ;D
I don't know if you know but mate I love twin engined aircraft and this one is very the top of the list ..along with a heap more..ok its really a list..more like a bloody long sentence  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Doug K

Quote from: Wardukw on September 12, 2023, 01:48:28 PMDoug because of Chris's build ive now got 2 of em..am I unhappy about this??
Nope  ;D  ;D
I don't know if you know but mate I love twin engined aircraft and this one is very the top of the list ..along with a heap more..ok its really a list..more like a bloody long sentence  :wacko:

I hear you!

KiwiZac

The Hornet and Tempest make quite the attractive pair, well done!

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on July 03, 2023, 01:45:40 PMThat looks really good :thumbsup:  - what a pity that no real one has survived.
I've seen otherwise  ;)  :o
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Rick Lowe

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 13, 2023, 10:49:36 PMThe Hornet and Tempest make quite the attractive pair, well done!

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on July 03, 2023, 01:45:40 PMThat looks really good :thumbsup:  - what a pity that no real one has survived.
I've seen otherwise ;)  :o

You do realize you can't leave us hanging like that...

The same folk who made the new Mossies, perhaps?

chrisonord

Only just caught up with this Chris, and very nice she is too, and has given me ideas for a post war in service version. Possibly with turbines and contra props. :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

KiwiZac

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 14, 2023, 02:41:33 PMYou do realize you can't leave us hanging like that...

Avspecs do the Mossies but it's Pioneer, on the other side of Ardmore, who have Sea Hornet T.20 TT193 in a container waiting for someone with the desire (and cash!) to make it happen. The team's keen as to get started but they need a buyer.
Zac in NZ

Rick Lowe

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 14, 2023, 08:49:58 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 14, 2023, 02:41:33 PMYou do realize you can't leave us hanging like that...

Avspecs do the Mossies but it's Pioneer, on the other side of Ardmore, who have Sea Hornet T.20 TT193 in a container waiting for someone with the desire (and cash!) to make it happen. The team's keen as to get started but they need a buyer.

Here's hoping, then!

PR19_Kit

Where did that come from? I'd always heard they were totally extinct.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 15, 2023, 05:26:27 AMWhere did that come from? I'd always heard they were totally extinct.
It's very much a significant collection of bits, to be fair. It had been stored outside in Alberta so you can imagine its condition, but given the Mosquito resurrections I think it's eminently doable.
https://pioneeraero.co.nz/project/sea-hornet-tt193/
https://warbirdsnews.com/aircraft-restoration/de-havilland-sea-hornet-airworthy-restoration-project.html
Zac in NZ

Doug K

Collection of bits is right, I wish them all the very best in putting it back together!

Captain Canada

Love it ! The pair together look even better. Nice work Chris !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Hmmmm.  Sea Hornet.
A single aircraft was on the books with the RAAF for two years (48 to 50) for evaluation purposes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..