A Tiger Force Hornet

Started by NARSES2, September 05, 2022, 06:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

This is the latest project which will hopefully make Telford.

I've already removed most of the major, and some of the minor parts from their sprues and they've been cleaned up. Wasn't to difficult as the plastic is quite friendly to work with and there aren't that many sprue gates, indeed far less than on Arma's new tool Hurricane and Mustang, and what there are, are in "user friendly" places in so far as getting to them for cleaning up purposes is concerned.

You cannot view this attachment.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

So that why the interest in the Tiger Force markings. Sounds like a plan to me  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tophe

From the topic's title I was wondering: F-18 or De Havilland?
Just one second before seeing the picture, yes, I understand better now. <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

perttime

I didn't even think of the DH...
The Mk.1 is the best looking De Havilland Hornet to me. The fin extension of Mk.3 starts adding bulk ... not to speak about the radar nosed later Sea Hornet.

Wardukw

Ohhh you've peaked my interest here Chris..love this plane and ive been trying to get a 48th one for ages..and a TA 152.
Watching this for sure  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

comrade harps

A svelte plane for sure (not the naval ones, though). As for Tiger Force, l'm wondering if it will be camouflaged or not.
Whatever.

NARSES2

It is one of my favourite aircraft, although they are pushing my loyalty with the Sea Hornet  :rolleyes:

Here's the major and some minor parts

You cannot view this attachment.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Only the two seater Sea Hornets were plug-ugly, the single seaters were pretty much RAF ones with hooks and folding wings.

Emphasis on the 'pretty' of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Two extremes with the Hornet, beauty and the beast. The NF Sea Hornet looks like a bucket o' smashed crabs, the rest are gorgeous.

This'll be a good in. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

AeroplaneDriver

Watching this one with interest!  Truly a beautiful airplane in its F.1 and F.3 guises.   :thumbsup:

Hope fully AZ got the prop blades all in the right direction.   ;D
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

They did, and they even got one engine nacelle longer than the other, as they should be.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

All of the Hornets are beautiful. Those who say otherwise are simply!y deluded. A visit to Scarfolk is in order.

There are some bits o block off the insides of the wings, but they do not want to fit at all, so leave them out.

Nice kit, but I found it disappointing. Not as vile as the Special Hobby, but still not as bad as it should be.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Scheme? Aluminium. The Mosquitoes were going in that scheme for SEAC use, so undoubtedly the Hornets would too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 07, 2022, 04:28:02 AMScheme? Aluminium. The Mosquitoes were going in that scheme for SEAC use, so undoubtedly the Hornets would too.

Probably Lee, but me and Aluminium, painted or natural metal, don't get on. So she'll be MSG/Azure Blue, not just because f my phobia with natural metal but because it's one of my favourite schemes.

The Wooksta!

Halfords Aluminium is your best friend.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: